Mp5 wear parts

Thread: Mp5 wear parts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Mp5 wear parts

I typically buy a full parts kit for my subguns but rarely use anything. With my mp5 I decided to buy springs only.

Have any of you broke a firing pin, extractor or ejector ?

My gun appears to be close to unfired. Doubtful I get more than 15,000 rounds through it in my lifetime

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

if you don't have a sear to really run up the round count. I'd spare an extractor, extractor springs, and if you wanted to, perhaps a set of +2 or +4 rollers, but the rollers would be optional IMO.

15k lifetime seems so low, 1-2k is a 1 day range trip for me.

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

I have a couple of part kits guns that have had the extractor, ejector and recoil springs fail or I've seen increased ejection distance or improper ejection so I replaced it as a preventive measure. A couple of nylon white and black recoil bushings. Broke a retimed hammer once on my sear pack with about 2,000 rounds, but can't call that a failure. One retaining plate on 9mm bolt head (gen1) unknown round count, but was from a HK94 used with transferable sear. I have not had to replace a trigger pack hammer spring, firing pin or spring yet because I have not had any light primer strikes. One 9mm extractor with unknown round count, but I had 6,000 round by me, replaced it, and no ejection issues since. On the various pistol caliber hosts I have, about 18,000 rounds combined so far and that's been about it on what I've had to replace.

BTW, the #1 replacement part you absolute need and it has been said over and over again, EXTRACTOR SPRINGS!!! You can expect premature failure in as little as a 100 rounds, but you should be able to get about 3,000 to 7,000 rounds out of one spring.
    Last edited by Oicani; 07-16-2020 at 04:43 PM.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huggytree View Post
    I typically buy a full parts kit for my subguns but rarely use anything. With my mp5 I decided to buy springs only.
    Have any of you broke a firing pin, extractor or ejector ?
    My gun appears to be close to unfired. Doubtful I get more than 15,000 rounds through it in my lifetime
    The only parts that commonly fail are:
    extractor springs after a jam- get 4-5 of them and don't use crap mags
    roller plate: upgrade to the new spring style if you haven't
    roller plate rollpin: get a couple when you replace the plate/spring
    recoil spring will wear after a lot of shooting

that's about it. on my 94 with sear I use a MAD bolt to avoid bending extractor springs. I've replaced the recoil spring and nylon rings once after thousands of rounds and the roller plate with the spring style (all my guns).

USE GERMAN PARTS IF POSSIBLE!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jdonovan View Post
    if you don't have a sear to really run up the round count. I'd spare an extractor, extractor springs, and if you wanted to, perhaps a set of +2 or +4 rollers, but the rollers would be optional IMO.

i shoot 1-2x a month and maybe 1000 rounds a month during summer months...but the mp5 isnt my only toy :) so hopefully i wont break anything...i grabbed 4 extractor springs, 2 main springs, 1 hammer spring, 1 firing pin spring, 1 roller plate....maybe 1-2 other springs...i kept the $ under $80.. you never know when parts supply will dry up, but on a popular gun like the mp5 with tons of semi/clones also needing parts hopefully parts will never be a problem to find...

do parts in the trigger pack ever break?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I've replaced an ejector spring, but I've never worn anything else in a pack out, or had anything break.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've worn out and extractor and a ejector but I believe both were in my 10mm. Mainly extractor springs as others have posted. Note: you probably already know this: you don't need the roller plate or the roll pin for proper function. They keep you from losing a roller!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jdonovan View Post

For a new gun is there a ball park guess on how many rounds it takes to need +2 or +4 rollers? Trying to decide if I should just add some to my order since they cost about what shipping runs. I'm assuming it's well over 10k rounds?

Sponsored Links