Thread: 40 round MP5 mags i just got

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default 40 round MP5 mags i just got

what did i buy? maker?

HK Shooting Team
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

those are generally good for the recycle bin.....with the beer can shortage, you may get a good price for conversion to Miller Lite cans
    HK Glaeubiger and gsyoung54 like this.
    Heckler & Koch Shooting Team
    Heckler & Koch Certified Armorer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Got them for a bargain price and was told they ran . It’s worth a try

Who is the maker? No markings present

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)

Strange to be void of all markings--- even the "9mmx19"!!!

Tony

I Bleed Urban Gray
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Come on @AGG - I know you know more than that @huggytree - there are a few makers of 40 rd mags including HK themselves (very rare). Unfortunatley, most of these are as Bystok put it - good for recycling. Generally 40rd MP5 mags have severe reliability issues all the way up to the most modern version of the 40 rd mag - the ETS brand. Some of the worst MP5 mags made were 40 rounders. They were made domestically by companies like "What a Country", "Sportsman's Guide" and others. Based on feedback here on the forum, most 40rd mags tend to be trash and are a throwback to the 80s when they were cool. Most were made in the 70s and 80s (obviously ETS is brand new in the past 2-3 years) - that was kinda their hayday.

One manufacturer stands out as reliable. The Max Capacity Products brand (made in Singapore) 40rd mags are marked: MCP (older) or LIQ (newer - probably early 90s), were made mostly in the 80s (stopped around 1994) when 40rd MP5 mags were cool, and feedback on them is generally very good. When they come up for sale here on HKPro, they go quickly. Apparently there are also early gen Max Capacity mags that are parkerized and unmarked. I don't have any experience with the MCP/LIQ ones, but @bystok apparently does so can comment on those.

Here's some more info:

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-...-mp5-mags.html
    GuntherRommel likes this.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch till you're ready to bring the hate

HK Shooting Team
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by omega21 View Post
    Come on @AGG - I know you know more than that @huggytree - there are a few makers of 40 rd mags including HK themselves (very rare). Unfortunatley, most of these are as Bystok put it - good for recycling. Generally 40rd MP5 mags have severe reliability issues all the way up to the most modern version of the 40 rd mag - the ETS brand. Some of the worst MP5 mags made were 40 rounders. They were made domestically by companies like "What a Country", "Sportsman's Guide" and others. Based on feedback here on the forum, most 40rd mags tend to be trash and are a throwback to the 80s when they were cool. Most were made in the 70s and 80s (obviously ETS is brand new in the past 2-3 years) - that was kinda their hayday.

One manufacturer stands out as reliable. The Max Capacity Products brand (made in Singapore) 40rd mags are marked: MCP (older) or LIQ (newer - probably early 90s), were made mostly in the 80s (stopped around 1994) when 40rd MP5 mags were cool, and feedback on them is generally very good. When they come up for sale here on HKPro, they go quickly. Apparently there are also early gen Max Capacity mags that are parkerized and unmarked. I don't have any experience with the MCP/LIQ ones, but @bystok apparently does so can comment on those.

Here's some more info:

Just call me Schultz....I know nothing......but I heard it from a guy that one should sell the LIQs and MCPs for like $25 a stick cuz they suck! #justdoit

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Here's some more info:

100% accurate statement right here, excellent write-up @omega21

MCP, LIQ, and the HK contract mags discussed in the linked thread are the only ones that function reliably all the time. All others are a HARD PASS.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I forgot a had a few of those MCP 40 rounders NIB, are they worth anything?

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)

Here's some more info:

Thank you for bringing me to my senses!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by har1340 View Post
    I forgot a had a few of those MCP 40 rounders NIB, are they worth anything?
    Absolutely not, like Bystok said get rid of them for $25. and feel lucky you got that.
    BTW I'll give you $35. for them...just so I can try them myself. LOL
    bystok and gsyoung54 like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links