Best Suppressor for MP5
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Best Suppressor for MP5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Best Suppressor for MP5

I looked back several pages and didn't see a thread on this so sorry if I missed it. Title says it. I want a suppressor that does't require 1/28 threading on and off and works well. Whats the concensus here?

Also, I do have a HK Tactical 45 with a supressor and wondered if I can use that can on the 9mm MP5? I think the thread is reversed for the Tactical but memory is dim.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are you wanting three lug? If you have the appropriate adapter for the can you already have you should be good to go with the 45 can on the MP5
    HK VP9T
    HK USP 45
    HK SP5K
    Zenith Z5-RS
    TB T36C

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The most frequent recommendations seem to be:

(1) Omega 9k if you want a short and light option with decent noise reduction
    (2) GSL Phoenix if you want the quietest can even if it means a long, thick and heavy can
    (3) Dead Air Wolfman if you want the flexibility to have a short can configuration that is almost as short as the Omega 9k, along with the ability to go with a quiet (but not as quiet as GSL Phoenix) long configuration
    (4) Rugged Obsidian for a thinner version of #3 if you want to have the flexibility to use the short configuration on handguns.

Dead Air has not had the 3-lug mount in stock for awhile, so that may affect your decision. Also, I've read that they've switched manufacturers recently and have had an increase in quality control issues.

The GSL Phoenix comes with a 3-lug mount.

The Omega 9k does not come with a 3-lug and if you want to use it on a 1/2x28 thread, I believe you need to buy a different mount than the one it comes with.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for those tips. Maybe I can use what I have more effciently.

I currently have a can iI used on my old MP5. But it requires threading on with is time consuming, although since I am not high speed low drag why should I care? But, it is also really large. I mean it is quiet as all get out but see attached picture. Oh and it DOES stand up to full auto. I used a Beta-C mag and did a 100 round dump through it.

As I mentioned I also have an AAC Orion 45 can. I use it with the HK Tactical. I believe memory says the threads are backwards to the norm on an MP5. But maybe I can find an adapter from the reverse thread to 3-lug. Assuming it would stand up to full auto bursts that is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best Suppressor for MP5-orion2.jpeg   Best Suppressor for MP5-dsc01368_1.jpeg  

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RoundelNut599 View Post
    Are you wanting three lug? If you have the appropriate adapter for the can you already have you should be good to go with the 45 can on the MP5
    Voice of reason. The majority of people will not notice the 3-4 dB difference between a .45 can on a 9mm versus a 9mm can on a 9mm. All else being equal. Of course there are those chasing the most quiet or most 'correct' suppressor for a particular gun, but that's a different story. Just check the specs on your existing .45 can for FA use if you'll use it for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks. I reached out via message to AAC to find out of they have an adapter or know where to get one. Think I'll go this route. If I need absolute quietest the large can I already have should work.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I don’t know anything about the Orion. It may or may not fit the AAC 3-lug adaptor that’s on the market.

I have an Octane 45 that I have used on my MP5s. I have a 3-lug mount for it. It works very well. I then went with the Omega 9k, which is an amazing can for its size. Noticeable FRP, but very good and uses the same 3-lug mount as the Octane. I just sent off the paperwork on a Dead Air Wolfman. I wanted the flexibility of a small, efficient can and the Option to go ultra quiet in long configuration with a wipe.
    Last edited by jwise; 09-16-2020 at 02:31 AM.
    J. Wise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Still waiting on AAC to respond. Maybe they don't have time. I really don't want another can and it doesn't have to be whisper quiet. If the Orion will withstand some full auto I'll go that route. Maybe the local dealer I am doing the transfer with has some info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have an old school Gemtech MK9K and love it!
    Common sense isn't so common anymore...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I got a reply from AAC. Seemed like they weren't sure my can was an AAC product. Asked for photo of the side of the unit. So I sent them that information. I am getting the impression they might not be able to help me find an adapter. Maybe first I'll try it on my Zenith. I think the threads are the same so I'd have a starting point then. Yeah, good idea. Right after golf. Gotta go.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links