2rd or 3 rd Burst pack?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2rd or 3 rd Burst pack?

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default 2rd or 3 rd Burst pack?

I'm tired of good ole SEF pack and thinking about getting a 2rds or 3rds Burst pack... I know I know the "horror" of owning a burst pack with no significant benefit.
    If I want to get a Burst pack what do you recommend? 2rd or 3rd?

thanks in advance.

LEO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a 3 round burst.

Since you can dial up the rounds you want it is really pointless.

But is sure does have a major coolness.

2 round is not as common and most everyone has a 3 round pack.

So it is really up to what you want. What many of us already have or something not so common.
    Hidden Content

MP5K, MP5, MP5SD, HK53, P7M8, P7M8 (Chrome)

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yeah, what he said! (If you get one, go with the 3).
    Hidden Content

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Are you going to enter subgun competitions? Either the 2 round or the 3 round will be great, but since you asked, I'd go with the 2 round specifically to conserve ammo during a competition.

Either way, it still scores major coolness points from us, although it scores absolutely no CDI points because in reality they don't even know what you are talking about.

Got it?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Mind View Post
    Are you going to enter subgun competitions? Either the 2 round or the 3 round will be great, but since you asked, I'd go with the 2 round specifically to conserve ammo during a competition.

Either way, it still scores major coolness points from us, although it scores absolutely no CDI points because in reality they don't even know what you are talking about.

Got it?

Loud and clear, sir!:)

Yes, I'm going to use it on local subgun match as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I went with 2 shot because I think it's a useful feature. I think there is something to be said for a setting that produces a 'mechanical double tap' with no thought or effort required beyond pulling the trigger. I know about the finger placement trick that all but ensures perfect 1/2/3 shot control on F/A, but there may be times (in an informal match or otherwise) when you don't want to think through the muscle memory of it or don't have time.

Plus, some of the variants like a PDW with standard locking piece and silencer can run really fast. I think it is useful to ensure doubles in that situation, as well.

Also, as said before the 2 shot is seen a lot less than the 3 shot.

I like my burst pack and wouldn't have been satisfied as a collector until my sear was in one. It's a better arrangement to introduce new shooters to F/A and can actually be useful in that regard. It's really not that much more complicated to get the pack out of the grip than the SEF once you do it once or twice, and aside from the pack being a little more cramped inside, it's not much harder to clean. Plus, the design and function is a thing of beauty, especially if you've ever had to live with a burst setting like the M4's.

HTH

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have an MP5K-PDW and an MP5SD both with 3 rnd burst packs. My H&K 53 I have a 2 rnd burst pack on it. If you shoot out to 75-100 mtrs. with a 5.56mm, the 3rd shot will go over the shoulder of an IPSC target. Plus it is really cool on that gun. 9mm is a small cartridge and I felt better to have the 3 rnd option.
    "Choking on the ashes of our enemies."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Thanks everyone... Just brought brand new 2rd Burst pack for $400 shipped. It even has .40 cutout & ejector.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coolhand View Post
    Thanks everyone... Just brought brand new 2rd Burst pack for $400 shipped. It even has .40 cutout & ejector.

Do you have someone that can convert it for you? It'll run $200 - $300 for the conversion, they are more complicated to convert than an SEF pack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Damn..where was this thread when everyone else and their dog was telling me to forget the burst pack :(

Since I missed the boat on owning 50 sears for $10, is there a legal way one could posses multiple sear ready packs? For instance, keeping only one of some of the (few) parts that are interchangeable? In that case, they "other" pack clearly could not fire automatically as it would be missing a hammer or trigger or something else that is important.

Then again, constructive intent seems to be the phrase of the decade, so I'm not holding my breath.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links