WTS: Clear USP & USP Compact Frames
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: WTS: Clear USP & USP Compact Frames

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Default WTS: Clear USP & USP Compact Frames

I have a few factory clear USP and USP Compact frames for sale. These are unserialized replacement parts. Out of an abundance of caution they will ship to your FFL, despite previous guidance that they don't require an FFL or 4473 as unserialized replacement parts.

Payment by Postal Money Order, Certified Check, or discreet PP... personal check accepted only from known buyers.

Full Size USP 45
    $700 Shipped

WTS: Clear USP & USP Compact Frames-_d852102.jpgWTS: Clear USP & USP Compact Frames-_d852103.jpgWTS: Clear USP & USP Compact Frames-_d852104.jpgWTS: Clear USP & USP Compact Frames-_d852109.jpg

USP Compact 9/40
    $700 Shipped

WTS: Clear USP & USP Compact Frames-_d852105.jpgWTS: Clear USP & USP Compact Frames-_d852107.jpgWTS: Clear USP & USP Compact Frames-_d852108.jpgWTS: Clear USP & USP Compact Frames-_d852106.jpg
    Last edited by brn2xl; 08-14-2019 at 04:39 AM.
    "I'm not shitting in a bag..... Yet"
    - PSG1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default WTS: Clear USP & USP Compact Frames

Why send to an FFL If they are unserialized the FFL is gonna look at you kinda funny. Heck my FFL is doing good just to log in a firearm. Good way to stir the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Twobravo99; 08-07-2019 at 03:44 AM.
    Javier likes this.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Twobravo99 View Post
    Why send to an FFL If they are unserialized the FFL is gonna look at you kinda funny. Heck my FFL is doing good just to log in a firearm. Good way to stir the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let me say it again, but slowly... "out of an abundance of caution".

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Are the full size frames for 45 or 9/40? @brn2xl
    Last edited by GuntherRommel; 08-12-2019 at 08:25 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Well, good luck. I've called two different FFL's about this, and they both told me the same thing: piss off. They aren't willing to deal with weird stuff like unserialized frames. I get the desire for caution, and if I was in your shoes, I'd probably be doing the same thing.

But I'd suggest having them engraved to make the bean-counters happy. Just sayin'
    Own: HK91, SR9, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, 2x P8A1, USP9
    Future: Done, until HK comes out with something new & nifty. Might start building an FNH collection.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post
    Well, good luck. I've called two different FFL's about this, and they both told me the same thing: piss off. They aren't willing to deal with weird stuff like unserialized frames. I get the desire for caution, and if I was in your shoes, I'd probably be doing the same thing.

But I'd suggest having them engraved to make the bean-counters happy. Just sayin'
    Understandable why an FFL wouldn't want to get involved but what would you engrave on it? Honest question here..

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by holshot36 View Post
    Understandable why an FFL wouldn't want to get involved but what would you engrave on it? Honest question here..
    The clear frames I've seen have a metal insert. I'd engrave a serial of some sort. Makes the filling in the forms easier.. from so-and-so, serial blah blah.
    Sure, its silly, in a way -- but it makes the FFL's job easier.

Just a thought; maybe it would be meaningless. I dunno.
    holshot36 likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Gotcha..boy that's kind of head scratcher..SORRY brn2xl

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Question for OP..does HKCS consider these "replacement parts" or "Novelty Only" items?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Sorry guys, I was traveling and unable to visit Pro.

It's my understanding that engraving a serial number to facilitate a sale is considered commercial manufacture of a firearm and requires a Type 07 to file a Form 2 and engrave their manufacturer's info. I am exploring having a local 07 do just that with serial numbers requested by purchasers. I am also working HK contacts for clarification on these parts, and the ATF to get their opinion on their transfer. I'm already waiting 14 months and counting for a separate inquiry to the Tech Branch, so trying something different with a local contact.

Will keep you posted. In the mean time, the frames are still available for anyone whose FFL doesn't have concerns.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links