Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: WTS/WTT: rare factory-threaded P9S 9mm barrel

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default WTS/WTT: rare factory-threaded P9S 9mm barrel

Hi folks,

I have a unique and what I would consider rare P9S 9mm threaded barrel for sale or trade. Details are below. Possible trades with cash +/- as necessary:

- ~1970-80s Marlin 1894C lever-action .357mag/.38spl, "JM" marked, pre-safety or post-safety, excellent condition+
    - ~1970-80s Marlin 336C lever-action .30-30 Win, "JM" marked, pre-safety or post-safety, excellent condition+
    - pre-64 Winchester Model 1894 lever-action .30-30 Win, all variants considered, excellent condition+
    - S&W Performance Center revolvers in .357mag
    - old Colt snake revolvers w/ the royal blued steel
    - old Colt 1911s chambered in .45acp, lusting for blued series-70 Government model, but special target/carry editions welcome too!
    - P7M8 or PSP
    - USP Expert .45 NIB/unfired
    - B&T APC9 Pro pistol NIB/unfired
    - any interesting, rare, or classic firearm item you might have!

Details:

Here is the P9S 9mm threaded barrel I have available. This was sold to me several years ago by an old friend with close ties to HK Inc. here in the USA. I had plans to keep it in my collection and eventually pass it down to my kids one day along with my P9S pistols, but I have plenty of other suppressor hosts to enjoy and right now I'm trying to raise enough funds to put a 2-post lift in my garage. I have never used this barrel. As it was explained to me, this was a unique and rare one-off piece that was custom-made by HKI and given to my friend as some kind of gift or payment. As such, I believe this to be extremely rare and possibly one-of-a-kind. If you happen to have one just like this or know more about how many of these might exist, please feel free to chime in!

The threads are the common 1/2x28 for 9mm pistols, so not the traditional German "Navy" thread pitch. Again, this is a H&K-made P9S threaded barrel and NOT some welded extension job from a gunsmith.

$1500 shipped
    Please PM me if you have any questions at all. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by CPshooter; 11-29-2019 at 06:29 AM.
    - CPshooter

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Welcome back Rip van Winkle.... Unfortunately while you were away, Mark McWillis of TROS started "back cutting" standard barrels for a threaded adapter, and the price of an extended length barrel in 9mm tumbled accordingly. You are looking at under $1K for that item, $800-$900 if you are lucky. Another factor here is that since the days when the P9S was the premier suppressed center fire platform, many manufacturers now offer at least one model available with threaded barrel from the factory, further impacting demand. Neither Mark nor Tornado Tech will back cut a .45 barrel though, barrel wall not thick enough, but still with the USP tactical and the Mk23 available, you would have to be the kind of guy who can take advantage of the P9S' fixed barrel accuracy or the fact that it is therefore reliable with any weight of can without a LID to care about that anymore.

Description-wise your listing implies that this barrel is a "factory threaded barrel" when in fact is a factory barrel that has been threaded. H&K doesn't do inch threads.

I have four 9mm 8" "Hunter' barrels waiting to immigrate. 10 years ago that would have been a big deal. No longer.

Sorry to be the messenger.......
    "We do bad things to bad people".

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Welcome back--- we will await your other items!!!

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Welcome back--- we will await your other items!!!

Tony
    Now this is a man who know how to think positively.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont View Post
    Welcome back Rip van Winkle.... Unfortunately while you were away, Mark McWillis of TROS started "back cutting" standard barrels for a threaded adapter, and the price of an extended length barrel in 9mm tumbled accordingly. You are looking at under $1K for that item, $800-$900 if you are lucky. Another factor here is that since the days when the P9S was the premier suppressed center fire platform, many manufacturers now offer at least one model available with threaded barrel from the factory, further impacting demand. Neither Mark nor Tornado Tech will back cut a .45 barrel though, barrel wall not thick enough, but still with the USP tactical and the Mk23 available, you would have to be the kind of guy who can take advantage of the P9S' fixed barrel accuracy or the fact that it is therefore reliable with any weight of can without a LID to care about that anymore.

Description-wise your listing implies that this barrel is a "factory threaded barrel" when in fact is a factory barrel that has been threaded. H&K doesn't do inch threads.

I have four 9mm 8" "Hunter' barrels waiting to immigrate. 10 years ago that would have been a big deal. No longer.

Sorry to be the messenger.......
    No need to be sorry. I appreciate it! To be fair, however, H&K did do inch threads in this case. H&K manufactured this barrel from start to finish. Which lathe did they use at which facility to finish it off? I don't know those specifics, but I do know this is not a TROS barrel with an adapter or a current production pistol I have for sale. Furthermore, there isn't a single extended Hunter 9mm barrel for sale on gunbroker.com and when they do show up, they are in .45acp. One would have to spend $4k+ on a P9S Sport Group 9mm pistol setup, pay to have the barrel cut and threaded, then have a worthless parts gun leftover for all the cost and effort.

For now, I will just keep my price where it is and welcome all offers. If it doesn't sell right away, no big deal as I will have other items for sale to help me reach my funding goal to put a 2-post lift in my garage! That is really all I'm after... once the lift is paid for (~$2k), I will probably pull all of my items off the market again.

Thanks again for looking all!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CPshooter View Post
    No need to be sorry. I appreciate it! To be fair, however, H&K did do inch threads in this case. H&K manufactured this barrel from start to finish. Which lathe did they use at which facility to finish it off? I don't know those specifics, but I do know this is not a TROS barrel with an adapter or a current production pistol I have for sale. Furthermore, there isn't a single extended Hunter 9mm barrel for sale on gunbroker.com and when they do show up, they are in .45acp. One would have to spend $4k+ on a P9S Sport Group 9mm pistol setup, pay to have the barrel cut and threaded, then have a worthless parts gun leftover for all the cost and effort.

For now, I will just keep my price where it is and welcome all offers. If it doesn't sell right away, no big deal as I will have other items for sale to help me reach my funding goal to put a 2-post lift in my garage! That is really all I'm after... once the lift is paid for (~$2k), I will probably pull all of my items off the market again.

Thanks again for looking all!
    Sorry, no one is paying $4K, never mind $4K plus. Again, things have moved on.....and interestingly enough, I am exactly the guy you want to tell you about this (well, maybe not....) because I have been importing and selling SGIII's for 10 years now. Other P9S as well of course. 4 years ago a nice 9mm SGIII set would bring $5K-5.5K, these days $2950 all day long, and I always have a couple in stock. As well, all they would REALLY need is a Sport Target (l5.5" bl/muzzle weight) with the front sight mounted on the slide, not the muzzle weight. Or cut the dove tail if needed, but now the price to get that pistol is under $2K.

As AGG says, lets see the rest of it!
    Brad4065 and Saab95v6 like this.

mp
    Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Is this a discussion thread or a for sale thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RLTW!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont View Post
    Sorry, no one is paying $4K, never mind $4K plus. Again, things have moved on.....and interestingly enough, I am exactly the guy you want to tell you about this (well, maybe not....) because I have been importing and selling SGIII's for 10 years now. Other P9S as well of course. 4 years ago a nice 9mm SGIII set would bring $5K-5.5K, these days $2950 all day long, and I always have a couple in stock. As well, all they would REALLY need is a Sport Target (l5.5" bl/muzzle weight) with the front sight mounted on the slide, not the muzzle weight. Or cut the dove tail if needed, but now the price to get that pistol is under $2K.

As AGG says, lets see the rest of it!
    With all due respect, your examples of full gun prices or cheaper threaded barrel alternatives are just not relevant to the exact item i have with its unique history and origin.

Quote Originally Posted by mp View Post
    No worries. I'm sure Lamont was just trying to help. I'll quit responding in the thread and take it to PMs if further discussion on price is required.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mp View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm pretty sure it's a FS thread, that turned debate. Now can you pass the popcorn? Please?
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

None the less very informative, thanks Lamont.
    HKaltwasser likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links