WTS: HK416 A1 parts kit - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: WTS: HK416 A1 parts kit

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is a tread about these on the site. These are factory replacement uppers. They came from HK in a brown box with a steel HK mad and the spring and buffer. They had no serials. As for the unfired, i will revisit the gun next week when I return from SHOT show and put some more pictures up. Most of these guns have been handled a **** ton, so not claiming new in box, but as for fired extensively, i highly doubt it. HOWEVER, I will not definitively make that claim until I get home again and really inspect the gun.

Link to the info i just quoted:
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk.../227859?page=1
    Last edited by Sandman01; 01-22-2020 at 07:17 PM.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

@Nzfly is the man when it comes to these. This is just my opinion but I've seen quite a few different 416 upper receivers over the past year or so. None, even the PD beaters I bought had as much carbon built up at the crown of the barrel as your picture shows. Where the charging handle engages the upper reciever also looks heavily worn in similar fashion to my PD trade in uppers. However, all the PD trade in ones I've had and seen are marked with date codes and serial #s with proof markings. This would be nowhere near unfired and looks much more in line with heavily used PD trade in uppers.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Another way to check is to look at the inside of the receiver where the cam pin rubs. The problem with that method is if the upper was swapped then there would be no wear. There is wear at the point where the charging handle latches, so you will probably find cam pin wear inside. I considered what @yz125racer said on the crown, but elected to give it the benefit of the doubt as it could be crud from a thread locker. For me, the barrel nut really tells the tale. That amount of scratches was not created by someone only handling it. For it to have not been used extensively, we are forced to accept someone sat around taking the handguard on and off but didn’t shoot it?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Again, I will not argue one way or the other until I have the gun in hand next week. Then i will post very detailed pictures for you guys on here to pick apart, and utilize the wisdom on this site. All the other uppers i got were BB dated OTB’s. I noticed this one was different when I saw the non vented gasblock. Either way, at the end of this , 2 things will happen:
    1. I will thank everyone who input their knowledge
    2. whatever this thing turns out to be, its still getting sold.
    Nzfly and Mike916 like this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Okay so i stand corrected. Just got back from SHOT show, and had some time to play with the upper. Its a used upper, but after borescoping it, looks like very sharp lands and grooves. More or less 1k rounds down the pipe. BCG looks good. Bolt and barrel are HK. About the same condition as the other OTB uppers in the lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maby next time you can do your "research" before you list a gobbled together pile of parts for $3580 as "looks to be an unfired. Government trade in kit"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman01 View Post
    There is a tread about these on the site. These are factory replacement uppers. They came from HK in a brown box with a steel HK mad and the spring and buffer. They had no serials. As for the unfired, i will revisit the gun next week when I return from SHOT show and put some more pictures up. Most of these guns have been handled a **** ton, so not claiming new in box, but as for fired extensively, i highly doubt it. HOWEVER, I will not definitively make that claim until I get home again and really inspect the gun.

Link to the info i just quoted:
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk.../227859?page=1
    I have exactly what you are referring to, that is new in box, completely unfired/unmounted and wrapped in a towel for storage. If you need/want pics

in order to compare, I'm happy to take them and send them. Hell.....I've never even taken the rail off because I didn't want to scratch it.

With that said, there are no numbers.....it is COMPLETELY blank......and yes @Nzfly has the rainman avatar for a reason.

Cheers!!!!!!!
    Nzfly likes this.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    I have exactly what you are referring to, that is new in box, completely unfired/unmounted and wrapped in a towel for storage. If you need/want pics

in order to compare, I'm happy to take them and send them. Hell.....I've never even taken the rail off because I didn't want to scratch it.

With that said, there are no numbers.....it is COMPLETELY blank......and yes @Nzfly has the rainman avatar for a reason.

Cheers!!!!!!!
    I’m not the real Rainman. I’m just imitating. The real Rainman won’t stand up - err something like that.
    Brad4065 likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nzfly View Post
    I’m not the real Rainman. I’m just imitating. The real Rainman won’t stand up - err something like that.
    Hmmmmm……..are we playing a guessing game?

If so....my "guess" would be something along the lines of TW.

And yes...."someone" should stand up

In the mean time, you're doing a great job of being Rainman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links