WTS: MP5 F A3 German Retractible Stock
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: WTS: MP5 F A3 German Retractible Stock

  1. #1
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    SudS's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2001
    Location : Northern, VA
    Posts : 8,080
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)

    Default WTS: MP5 F A3 German Retractible Stock

    Sold Pending Funds.

    Ok, I should have known better than mention the other two stocks, my PM capacity was blown up. I am now posting the F stock. This one is in Excellent condition, the plastic and rubber is like new, rails have a number of scratches like you will find on most any used stock. Price is $400 delivered. First unconditional "I'll take it" posted here on this thread gets it. Postal money order or check (held).

    Below the F stock pics, are pics of the old style standard MP5 stock. I have decided to keep it for use on my house gun (no, I did not sell it to anyone offline). It has some cosmetic issues that many people will not be able to get past, and I don't blame them. It is used, paint isn't pretty, needs a new buffer, and the buttstock plastic is deformed. At first I thought it was cracked. Then looking closer, I thought it was a thin melted line like a hot wire touched it. Looking under magnification, the little melted line runs under the small pyramids on the butt pad. So, I'm 99% sure that deformity was actually a manufacturing issue.
    I will eventually get an SP5 for a home defense gun, and since I'm not as concerned with condition issues in that case, it just makes more sense to keep it.

    WTS: MP5 F A3 German Retractible Stock-img_2497.jpg

    WTS: MP5 F A3 German Retractible Stock-img_2501.jpg

    WTS: MP5 F A3 German Retractible Stock-img_2500.jpg

    WTS: MP5 F A3 German Retractible Stock-img_2490.jpg

    WTS: MP5 F A3 German Retractible Stock-img_2493.jpg

    WTS: MP5 F A3 German Retractible Stock-img_2499.jpg

    WTS: MP5 F A3 German Retractible Stock-img_2496.jpg

    WTS: MP5 F A3 German Retractible Stock-img_2495.jpg

    WTS: MP5 F A3 German Retractible Stock-img_2491.jpg


    Pics of the issues with the old style MP5 stock.

    WTS: MP5 F A3 German Retractible Stock-img_2507.jpg

    WTS: MP5 F A3 German Retractible Stock-img_2502.jpg


    WTS: MP5 F A3 German Retractible Stock-img_2508.jpg
    Last edited by SudS; 01-20-2020 at 01:21 PM.

  2. #2
    Very Senior Member
    Bestiller's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Location : USA
    Posts : 242
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    I’ll take the F stock

  3. #3
    Member

    Join Date : Jun 2011
    Posts : 94
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    2nd in line pls

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    John_Mcclane's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2017
    Location : Canfield, Ohio
    Posts : 107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    Buttstock plastic is deformed. At first I thought it was cracked. Then looking closer, I thought it was a thin melted line like a hot wire touched it. Looking under magnification, the little melted line runs under the small pyramids on the butt pad. So, I'm 99% sure that deformity was actually a manufacturing issue.

    I take it that that is a flaw that alot of them suffer from? I have heard other people say they have had problems with the plastic cracking. I take it that is another reason why they switched over to the F style stock is for durability besides being more comfortable to shoot?


    "Yippy Kiyay Motherfu**er!" John Mcclane

  6. #5
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    SudS's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2001
    Location : Northern, VA
    Posts : 8,080
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John_Mcclane View Post
    I take it that that is a flaw that alot of them suffer from? I have heard other people say they have had problems with the plastic cracking. I take it that is another reason why they switched over to the F style stock is for durability besides being more comfortable to shoot?


    "Yippy Kiyay Motherfu**er!" John Mcclane
    Yes and no. On my old style stock, it is not a crack. I thought it was a crack just because it was a thin line. I think it’s a defect when they molded (injected?) the plastic. So, it’s just an area where the plastic was misformed, but not cracked or otherwise a structural issue. It appears strong, otherwise I wouldn’t use it. The F stock was a result of a spec from the French that required a drop test onto the buttstock, something like 2 meters, but I could be wrong about the specific distance. I think between the quantity HK made, along with the popularity, and perhaps fewer would be breaking because it was designed to take more abuse, that’s the reason HK made the F stock their standard stock. Part of me likes the F Stock for comfort, and another part of me prefers the old style for more rapid shouldering. I find the rubber pad can get hung up on clothing, plus it’s a bit longer, so more likely to drag on something.

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    John_Mcclane's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2017
    Location : Canfield, Ohio
    Posts : 107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    Yes and no. On my old style stock, it is not a crack. I thought it was a crack just because it was a thin line. I think it’s a defect when they molded (injected?) the plastic. So, it’s just an area where the plastic was misformed, but not cracked or otherwise a structural issue. It appears strong, otherwise I wouldn’t use it. The F stock was a result of a spec from the French that required a drop test onto the buttstock, something like 2 meters, but I could be wrong about the specific distance. I think between the quantity HK made, along with the popularity, and perhaps fewer would be breaking because it was designed to take more abuse, that’s the reason HK made the F stock their standard stock. Part of me likes the F Stock for comfort, and another part of me prefers the old style for more rapid shouldering. I find the rubber pad can get hung up on clothing, plus it’s a bit longer, so more likely to drag on something.

    Thanks for the reply to clarify that. Figured that that was part of the reason why they stopped making the old one's and went with the F style they make now. I have never handled one with a F stock on it but yeah I love the feel of the old school A3 stocks. And will always make me think of Die Hard and other classic 80's and 90's action flicks.


    "Yippy Kiyay Motherfu**er!" John Mcclane

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •