Here is the "Roll Your Own Clone" HK Build Article, exclusively for HKPRO

Thread: Here is the "Roll Your Own Clone" HK Build Article, exclusively for HKPRO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Here is the "Roll Your Own Clone" HK Build Article, exclusively for HKPRO

Just in case it was missed in the earlier thread, you have my permission to keep this article for the HKPRO Reference Library as long as it is considered useful.

I hope it is helpful.

Enjoy!

Jeff Z

http://static.hkpro.com/straightgrai...atBuildnew.pdf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good read, thanks

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Jeff!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what a great source of information! Thanks.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So how much money besides the parts kit and the flat would I have to invest in this for it to work?
    HK KG M"ark" 23 w/ camo case. Knights Armament Corp MARK23/USPT Full size suppressor.
    HK BC P30(00) 9mmx19 V3 w/ Meprolight TruDot tritium night sights
    HK BD HK45C(T) V1 FDE w/ Meprolight TruDot tritium night sights
    HK BG SP5K Cal. 9mmx19

"Crushing the bejeezus out of targets since 2010!" The disarmament of law abiding citizens is the required precursor to genocide.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by G3Kurz Hidden Content
    Also when you play the "HK" Octoberfest CD in reverse it provides instructions on the rise of the Fourth Reich.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tomketchum View Post
    So how much money besides the parts kit and the flat would I have to invest in this for it to work?
    The biggest cost item is a tig welder, and the skill to use it. That is enough cost right right there that if you didn't plan on doing a bunch of them, or have use for the welding machine after the project, the cost to roll your own is a not even close to reasonable.

A decent entry tig machine (miller/lincoln) setup, and ready to run is going to be in the $2k range. Sure you can get harbor freight machines for less than that, but I don't know that you would be happy with the machine.

Add the various other tools, clamps, presses etc... and there is probably another $1000.

$3k in tooling, vs $500-1000 to have one of the reputable smiths build me one, and stand behind the build if it doesn't work right... no contest.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks for the info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jdonovan View Post
    The biggest cost item is a tig welder, and the skill to use it. That is enough cost right right there that if you didn't plan on doing a bunch of them, or have use for the welding machine after the project, the cost to roll your own is a not even close to reasonable.

A decent entry tig machine (miller/lincoln) setup, and ready to run is going to be in the $2k range. Sure you can get harbor freight machines for less than that, but I don't know that you would be happy with the machine.

Add the various other tools, clamps, presses etc... and there is probably another $1000.

$3k in tooling, vs $500-1000 to have one of the reputable smiths build me one, and stand behind the build if it doesn't work right... no contest.
    You can't really figure the cost of a welder or other fixed tooling costs part of the overall build cost, aside from the HK specific jigs. Most likely anyone that has the ability to do one of these either owns or has access to the expensive tools for the build. I can't imagine, for example, anyone with the ability to TIG weld the thin sheet metal of a flat needing to buy a welder. My HK91 clone cost me about $750. The MP5...as long as I never calculate it, I have plausible deniability as far as the wife is concerned.

Sponsored Links