How to convert a V3 (DA/SA) P2000SK to V1 or V2 LEM - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How to convert a V3 (DA/SA) P2000SK to V1 or V2 LEM

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    I would run it through a few hundred rounds to make sure there are no light strikes. You are not really benefited from using the lighter spring because, for a LEM, the hammer is pre-cocked so a lighter spring does not equate to a lighter pull. It will be a lighter pull for a DA pull (when you have a dud or double strike).
    That makes sense.

I plan on doing the V0 (LEM with Decocker) to see if I like it. I just need to get the spurred LEM hammer. I will give it a try and test it across many kinds of ammo, and will post my results. --- thank you again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@TooSixy I'm new to owning firearms and about to purchase a V3 P2000 and would like to do the LEM conversion. Everything makes sense to me except the advantages/disadvantages of the V0 vs V1. The V0 is the same light trigger pull as V1? Is there a way to have the decocker, but still be V1? Do I still need the Firing Pin Block Spring Light (209296) in the V0 configuration?
    "• You can also re-use the V3 sear (with decocker) if you do not want a gap on the left side of the hammer (more on that later) or if you are doing a V0 LEM conversion."
    Reading this, I understand it as you can have a non-functional decocker just to fill the gap, or you can have a functional decocker making it a V0? Any difference with the trigger pull/function? Any clarification for a noob is much appreciated!
    Last edited by sd408; 01-01-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sd408 View Post
    @TooSixy I'm new to owning firearms and about to purchase a V3 P2000 and would like to do the LEM conversion. Everything makes sense to me except the advantages/disadvantages of the V0 vs V1. The V0 is the same light trigger pull as V1? Is there a way to have the decocker, but still be V1? Do I still need the Firing Pin Block Spring Light (209296) in the V0 configuration?
    "• You can also re-use the V3 sear (with decocker) if you do not want a gap on the left side of the hammer (more on that later) or if you are doing a V0 LEM conversion."
    Reading this, I understand it as you can have a non-functional decocker just to fill the gap, or you can have a functional decocker making it a V0? Any difference with the trigger pull/function? Any clarification for a noob is much appreciated!
    V0 can have the same trigger pull weight as the V1 if you keep the stock V3 TRS, HS, and get the Light FPBS. You can keep the decocker regardless of what LEM variant you are going to convert to (V0, V1, V2, V4, V4.1, V-TGS.)

I would recommend buying a V2 LEM P2000 instead of a V3 (DA/SA) and save a bundle, unless one is not available for immediate purchase and you cannot wait.

You missed this paragraph near the end of the tutorial. That answers your last question.

If you want, you can re-use the original V3 (DA/SA) sear with the decocker. There won't be a gap and the decocker can be used to release tension on the cocking piece & hammer springs (useful in certain situations like before holstering the pistol).
    When you decock (which releases the tension on the hammer spring), you will have a heavy DA first pull.

Hope that helps.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm in CA so it's a bit harder to get my "choice" of firearms at a good price unfortunately. So I think I'm gonna go through with the V3 > V0 conversion. Thanks for clarifying everything man, appreciate it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links