Match Trigger Kit Installation - Page 13
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Match Trigger Kit Installation

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    @Compusmurf

Your KH comes with the old-style Catch so you will need the old-style Match hammer (without the notch on the right side). Or buy the 219442 Catch and the new-style Hammer.

Difference between regular and Match hammers can be found on here if you search for it. There must be at least a couple of threads about it. Basically, the radius is more polished and the cut on the bottom of the Match hammer (where it contacts the sear) is shallower.
    Thanks for that. I spent hours and hours browsing here, reading threads, linking threads. Once I thought I got to the point I "almost" understood, I actually registered and asked the follow up question to make sure I actually DID. There is an ungodly amount of information here to sort through, read, digest and understand. I don't think in 20 years I could read it all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@Compusmurf

Your KH comes with the old-style Catch so you will need the old-style Match hammer (without the notch on the right side). Or buy the 219442 Catch and the new-style Hammer.

Difference between regular and Match hammers can be found on here if you search for it. There must be at least a couple of threads about it. Basically, the radius is more polished and the cut on the bottom of the Match hammer (where it contacts the sear) is shallower.
    Hi Everyone,

thanks for the great manual and all your tips.
    I have one question to be sure:

I have a fullsize USP 9. Date code is: AC
    Will this kit fit without the need of ordering extra parts? (beside the TRS tool): HKP-01039 (HK USP & USP Tactical Match Trigger Conversion Kit from hkparts . net)

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt11 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

thanks for the great manual and all your tips.
    I have one question to be sure:

I have a fullsize USP 9. Date code is: AC
    Will this kit fit without the need of ordering extra parts? (beside the TRS tool): HKP-01039 (HK USP & USP Tactical Match Trigger Conversion Kit from hkparts . net)
    That's all you need.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh great thread - I have a USP Match clone and a Match Trigger kit that's been sitting around for a long time now. Gonna give it a go myself to finish it up.
    Hk enthusiast!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's all you need.
    Thank you. I will post a little update once i have received and installed the kit using the guide and all tips in this topic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I highly recommend the match trigger kit as well as the TRS tool. It really helps.

My approach

1) i gave the USP a good field cleaning
    2) I used the guide from this topic together with this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXU38aNP_Mk
    3) I started taking it apart. I wiped each part that came out to clean it and gave it a small layer of oil (using a wet patch of ballistol).
    4) I wrote down the names of each part on a piece of paper and put the parts next to them. To get familiar, and to organize the parts later which i will replace with the parts from the new match triggerkit.
    5) re assembled the USP, did a function check all done in about 1,5 hours ( i like to take my time).

take aways/tips :

1. TRS (Trigger Return Spring): not the hardest part, don't worry about it, i actually had it the second time i tried, but i tried to put the wrong pin in (i wrote down the name of the correct pin etc) I was just excited that i had this illusive TRS installed :S
    I used a glue clamp to mount my USP to my table, so i had 2 hands to work with. Second try with the right pin worked :)

Right hand operated the TRS tool, left hand holding the punch to keep the trigger and TRS aligned. (gun front pointing away from you, the punch is on the right side, with left hand (so it looked a bit retarded but worked for me). Put on safety goggles, close the door and have fun.

2. The TRS trick is simple: hold the TRS with the correct leg looking 'forwards'. Put the front leg that should be on the front part of the frame facing up front. Hold punch with other hand to hold trigger in place (but dont put punch in too far only a millimeter to hold trigger in place). Then push down TRS untill you feel the spring 'loading'. When you think you are far enough, instert the punch. Put the pin in while slowly backing out your punch. Now your pin is trough more then halfway. For the last part: Wiggle the trigger a bit for the hole to align with the pin. And you are done.

3. For the last part of assembly for putting in the pin that holds the: Detent Plate, Sear Axle, Disconnector, Catch5, Control Latch and Sear
    It is very important to use the right punch. I used a punch that was too small and I could align all the parts with my punch, but could not put the pin in. After I used a bigger punch it worked immediately. Wiggle and wobble and there you go.

4. Hardest part to take out (disassembly) for me was the Sear spring. I wanted to be gentle so i used long pliers and tried it 1 or 2 times. It was kindof glued to the frame because of all the dirt on it. :)

5. Slide plate and spring might be 'stuck' (disassembly) a little bit if your USP is also dirty. I tried holding the USP upside down and tap it out. Didn't work. Once I pushed it with a small punch it came out 1 millimeter. Then i took small pliers and took them out right away.

How does the new trigger feel? : Smoother, Shorter, Lighter and more 'defined'.

Some guys say 'it does not make so much difference'. I think it does. I am used to dry firing a lot at home, about 30 minutes a day.

Double Action first try : was feeling smoother and lighter (still feels like an old blackpowder revolver but much smoother then before and lighter), but hey, pretty good double action for a service weapon.

Single Action: first try :was wow. that is light.

Single Action short trigger (press trigger, hold trigger, pull slide back, let trigger reset, press again) Very smooth and much lighter, the reset is also noticable shorter.

When you press the trigger first there is like the normal trigger, a bit of nothing, then you feel resistance. If you keep pressing lightly you will be suprised by the break. I can't wait to try it on the range on saturday!

Once the trigger is pulled I dont really feel the need for the trigger stop, so i have it on the minimum setting. (full screwed in). I will adjust it later if I feel that it will help my shooting once I am more used to the new trigger.

I'm in love with the new trigger. I am a range guy so i don't carry except when i'm actually on the range or at home practicing.

Thanks for making this topic, and thanks for all the tips.

Last but not least: a good Beer from Belgium! Put the gun in the safe and look with a smile at the tools that helped you and the old parts.
    Trigger kit: highly recommended!

For all european HK lovers: I ordered at HKparts and had MFI (exporter mentioned on their site) export the kit for me. Once he shipped it. I had it after 7 days :)

Match Trigger Kit Installation-01.png
    Match Trigger Kit Installation-1.png
    Match Trigger Kit Installation-4.png
    Match Trigger Kit Installation-5.jpg
    Match Trigger Kit Installation-6.jpg
    Last edited by Matt11; 01-23-2020 at 02:29 PM.
    Exiledviking likes this.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Sponsored Links