Match Trigger Kit Installation - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Trigger Kit Installation

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by farmerbrown View Post
    I did get a bit confused at step 15 - since in the photo the orientation of the hammer is not the orientation it is to be inserted - that threw me for a while. In the 3rd photo for step 15, you see that the "S" has to be on the left side of the pistol, whilst the 1st photo seems to indicate it's on the right (or so I thought).
    No where in Step 15 did it show the S on the right side of the hammer. The first pic did not even show the S. Look again.

Quote Originally Posted by farmerbrown View Post
    The only panic set in when I got to step 17 and it said insert and assemble 1, 2, 3, 4. It would have been helpful to have a photo from overhead (or a list) to show which bit went where? Yeah, I know I'd only taken them out an hour before. Figuring out the correct sequence of parts was starting to worry me, but they all seemed to know where to go and snapped together when I pushed them into random spots.
    Step 18 shows how they are lined up.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    No where in Step 15 did it show the S on the right side of the hammer. The first pic did not even show the S. Look again.
    Err, that's the point. Since there is no "S" one presumes it's on the reverse side and the pistol seems to be pointing to the left - which led me to think it's on the other (right) side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi,
    A couple of times I thought of the possibility of installing the match trigger with the LEM light trigger, wanting to see how much better (if any) it would/could make the light LEM. Spoke to Jesse about it, and at that time 1-2 years ago, he indicated that it wouldn't make sense, and also that the internal HK shooting team uses "stock-off the shelf LEM light" trigger setup ... As of late, I have heard a few people have a "Match LEM" trigger. Has the match trigger kit been adapted to the light LEM trigger? Does anyone have a "Match LEM" trigger setup, and if so what was the benefit. I find the V1 LEM to have a very smooth approx 4.5 lb pull.. but you can feel the last 10% of the pull actuating the TB plunger... If there is a Match set up for the LEM light, does it address that? or ? I would guess that it moves the the pistol from a defensive piece to only a competition piece... if of course the kit for LEM exists
    Thanks,
    Mick

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adlerburg View Post
    Hi,
    A couple of times I thought of the possibility of installing the match trigger with the LEM light trigger, wanting to see how much better (if any) it would/could make the light LEM. Spoke to Jesse about it, and at that time 1-2 years ago, he indicated that it wouldn't make sense, and also that the internal HK shooting team uses "stock-off the shelf LEM light" trigger setup ... As of late, I have heard a few people have a "Match LEM" trigger. Has the match trigger kit been adapted to the light LEM trigger? Does anyone have a "Match LEM" trigger setup, and if so what was the benefit. I find the V1 LEM to have a very smooth approx 4.5 lb pull.. but you can feel the last 10% of the pull actuating the TB plunger... If there is a Match set up for the LEM light, does it address that? or ? I would guess that it moves the the pistol from a defensive piece to only a competition piece... if of course the kit for LEM exists
    Thanks,
    Mick
    Stay on the topic. This thread is not about Match LEM Hybrid discussion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

After putting it off for way too long, (over a year after ordering the parts) and after seeing this excellent tutorial by TooSixy, I finally decided to attempt this mod to my USP Match clone...after it was all said and done, what a breeze! It took me about an hour and a half which included a good cleaning and inspection of the all the internals. I have to add that one invaluable tool to have is some sort of a "third hand", or in my case, a clamp on vise to secure your work while your pair of hands are busy holding tools or pushing on a pin or whatever. I'm sure you can all relate to that. At any rate, many thanks to TooSixy and all the other members questions which helped tremendously!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would like to install the match trigger kit in my recently purchased USPC 45 SS from CDNN.
    I realize I can't really use the trigger included in the kit, so I would like to purchase the other parts individually to save some money.
    Does anybody have the part number list? I have been digging around and cannot seem to find anything.
    Thanks!
    Disabled U.S. Army combat veteran

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by c_zielsdorf View Post
    I would like to install the match trigger kit in my recently purchased USPC 45 SS from CDNN.
    I realize I can't really use the trigger included in the kit, so I would like to purchase the other parts individually to save some money.
    Does anybody have the part number list? I have been digging around and cannot seem to find anything.
    Thanks!
    You will need:

• Match TRS (215679)
    • Match Hammer (215681)
    • Nickel-Plated Flat Sear Spring (215691)
    • Match Hammer Spring (215694)

Call and order the parts from HKCS directly. You'll save a bundle.

When you order the Match Hammer, make sure it is one with the letter S stamped on the left side of the hammer and it is the latest version (with the notch on the right side to handle the new-style, longer catch). A true Match HS will have a bare-metal color, not BLUE.

It is easiest to buy the whole kit and keep the parts you don't need for trade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    You will need:

• Match TRS (215679)
    • Match Hammer (215681)
    • Nickel-Plated Flat Sear Spring (215691)
    • Match Hammer Spring (215694)

Call and order the parts from HKCS directly. You'll save a bundle.

When you order the Match Hammer, make sure it is one with the letter S stamped on the left side of the hammer and it is the latest version (with the notch on the right side to handle the new-style, longer catch). A true Match HS will have a bare-metal color, not BLUE.

It is easiest to buy the whole kit and keep the parts you don't need for trade.
    Thank you!

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The only problem with the Match trigger on the USP is the set screw. It can come loose, and/ or if you pull the trigger back slowly enough it could cause a failure to fire.
    HK KG M"ark" 23 w/ camo case. Knights Armament Corp MARK23/USPT Full size suppressor.
    HK BC P30(00) 9mmx19 V3 w/ Meprolight TruDot tritium night sights
    HK BD HK45C(T) V1 FDE w/ Meprolight TruDot tritium night sights
    HK BG SP5K Cal. 9mmx19

"Crushing the bejeezus out of targets since 2010!" The disarmament of law abiding citizens is the required precursor to genocide.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by G3Kurz Hidden Content
    Also when you play the "HK" Octoberfest CD in reverse it provides instructions on the rise of the Fourth Reich.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tomketchum View Post
    The only problem with the Match trigger on the USP is the set screw. It can come loose, and/ or if you pull the trigger back slowly enough it could cause a failure to fire.
    This is user's error. You backed out the stop screw too far. The other issue can be remedied by using Loktite.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links