VIDEO: Complete LEM Installation
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VIDEO: Complete LEM Installation

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default VIDEO: Complete LEM Installation

Okay guys, I finally did it. After considerable time and video editing, here is the complete video instruction on the LEM installation. I paid special attention to the camera angles and lighting so that you can see all the parts and methods at work here. I cover everything including the infamous TRS install and using a V5-6 detent plate for those who want to retain the thumb safety. I split this video into 4 parts and a 5th part which the completed product showing the LEM action and thumb safety. If this isn't worthy of a "sticky" I don't know what is.

Part 1: covers stripping the existing SA/DA parts:

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp7z2LGZdLc

Part 2: covers removal of the original trigger reset spring and installation of the new one plus trigger bar position:

HK USP LEM trigger installation part 2 - YouTube

Part 3: covers installation of the LEM cocking piece, LEM hammer, hammer strut positioning, and hammer rebound spring:

HK USP LEM trigger installation part 3 - YouTube

Part 4: covers installation of the sear, catch, control latch, and disconnect. I also demonstrate the V5-6 detent plate for those who wish to retain the thumb safety.

HK USP LEM trigger installation part 4 - YouTube

Part 5 is the completed product:

HK USP45 Tactical LEM trigger installation complete part 5 - YouTube

Leather & Lace Fiend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Moved to the library and stuck!
    "a lascivious taste for the grotesque, the painfully paradoxical, the questionable and the absurd." Hidden Content

Teufelshund Tactical
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)

Congratulations. Very commendable effort and diligence to see this through to completion.

I've found that when it comes time to actually install the LEM hammer, if when you put the receiver in the vice, you mount it sideways with the left side of the receiver facing up, the hammer will go in much easier, without the chance of dislodging the individual parts.
    Last edited by Marine0303; 11-23-2013 at 02:28 AM.
    SF,

James

Heckler and Koch Certified Armorer (Heckler and Koch)
    Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor (Singleton International)

Owner, Teufelshund Tactical

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very nice videos. Wish I would have had these videos when I did mine so I could have watched someone swap the TRS. Also is that the TRS tool from HKparts.net? That wasn't available when I did mine.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jsib84 View Post
    Very nice videos. Wish I would have had these videos when I did mine so I could have watched someone swap the TRS. Also is that the TRS tool from HKparts.net? That wasn't available when I did mine.
    Thank you. Yes it is from hkparts.net. I think they just came back in stock because I ordered it on Friday. It's much easier with that. I've done it before with standard needle-nose pliers but it is much harder without the special tool.

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank GOD for that TRS tool, it made switching my P2000SK from standard LEM to light LEM so much easier.

Great vid Skullbox!

I have searched the previous thread by BigBore in regards to his P2000SK light LEM swap. My question is I just purchased a V1 USP 40 Compact. I plan to convert this to LIGHT lem. Am I correct in saying the FPBS has to be changed out to the lighter spring 209296? (This is easy as I remember from the P2000SK.)

I have the new Universal LEM kit from HKPARTS.net
    HK | LEM Kit - HKPARTS.NET

HK USP Compact Trigger Bar, HK USP Compact 40 LEM Trigger Bar, USPC LEM Trigger Bar - HKPARTS.NET
    This is something I missed, do I need this as well for a light LEM Conversion?

Thanks a bunch guys,
    Last edited by Amtrak207; 10-17-2013 at 11:25 AM.
    -Tom

"God grants liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it." - Daniel Webster

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)

@skullbox: Just a suggestion for part 4 of your video. It is much easier to install the hammer spring as the last step of the LEM installation. Without the hammer spring, you won't have to deal with the pressure from the hammer when you install the control latch + catch + disconnector. Also, if you want to re-use the safety lever (to retain the safety feature), re-install the safety lever first, then insert the disconnector + control latch + catch.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amtrak207 View Post
    Thank GOD for that TRS tool, it made switching my P2000SK from standard LEM to light LEM so much easier.

Great vid Skullbox!

I have searched the previous thread by BigBore in regards to his P2000SK light LEM swap. My question is I just purchased a V1 USP 40 Compact. I plan to convert this to LIGHT lem. Am I correct in saying the FPBS has to be changed out to the lighter spring 209296? (This is easy as I remember from the P2000SK.)

I have the new Universal LEM kit from HKPARTS.net
    HK | LEM Kit - HKPARTS.NET

HK USP Compact Trigger Bar, HK USP Compact 40 LEM Trigger Bar, USPC LEM Trigger Bar - HKPARTS.NET
    This is something I missed, do I need this as well for a light LEM Conversion?

Thanks a bunch guys,
    If you want the Light LEM, keep all the V1 springs (TRS, FPBS, HS). If your USP compact was manufactured prior to AF=2005, the stock FPBS has similar weight to the new Light FPBS, so you will not need to swap it out. If yours is post-2005, you already have the Light FPBS.

You do not need a trigger bar.

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah i thought so, you ROCK TooSixy. Thank you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    @skullbox: Just a suggestion for part 4 of your video. It is much easier to install the hammer spring as the last step of the LEM installation. Without the hammer spring, you won't have to deal with the pressure from the hammer when you install the control latch + catch + disconnector. Also, if you want to re-use the safety lever (to retain the safety feature), re-install the safety lever first, then insert the disconnector + control latch + catch.
    The video was very helpful for me installing the LEM kit in my HK45C, but I second the suggestion about leaving the hammer spring off until the end.

The tension from the hammer spring seemed to make it harder to line up the stack of small parts on the sear axle. In fact I took the hammer spring off to help align the parts and then the sear axle just slipped right in!

The pistol feels great with the light LEM installed and the safety lever removed. It is more streamlined and certainly thinner. It’s a very nice trigger pull. I fired a reprimed empty case to check the firing pin impact. It gives the primer a good solid impression.

I like it!
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links