P30SK Slide - Detail Stripping
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: P30SK Slide - Detail Stripping

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)

Default P30SK Slide - Detail Stripping

The following tutorial will show you how to detail strip a P30SK slide. It is a little different from the other HK pistols (USP, HK45, P2000/SK, etc.) due to the addition of new Firing Pin Safety in the P30SK (and VP9/VP40).

Tools you will need
    • 1.8mm punch (or 1/16")
    • 2.8mm punch (or 3/32")
    • A bench block (optional)
    • Small hammer or mallet

Disassembly

Step 1
    • Note the Firing Pin Safety Roll-Pin laying across the top of the Firing Pin Safety. This pin must be removed prior to removing the Firing Pin Safety

• Locate the Firing Pin Safety Roll-Pin on the right side of the slide. Use the 1.4mm or (1/16") punch to drive the roll-pin towards the inside of the slide. The roll-pin should fall out and into the inside of the slide
    • Remove the roll-pin

Step 2
    • Locate the Firing Pin Safety (viewed from top of slide). Use a small punch to push it towards the inside of the slide to remove

Parts identification:
    1. Firing Pin Safety
    2. Firing Pin Safety Spring
    3. Firing Pin Safety Roll-Pin

Step 3
    • Use the 2.8mm (or 3/32") roll-pin punch to drive out the Firing Pin Block Roll-Pin

4. Firing Pin Block Roll-Pin

Step 4
    • Push down on the Firing Pin Block and push in on the Firing Pin, then let go of the Firing Pin Block
    • Remove the Firing Pin Block, Firing Pin Block Spring, Firing Pin, and Firing Pin Spring

Parts identification:
    1. Firing Pin Block
    2. Firing Pin Block Spring
    3. Firing Pin
    4. Firing Pin Spring

Step 6
    • Locate the Extractor Roll-Pin inside the slide
    • Use the 2.8mm (or 3/32") roll-pin punch to drive out the Extractor Roll-Pin and remove the extractor parts

Parts identification:
    1. Extractor
    2. Extractor Spring
    3. Rubber Plug
    4. Extractor Roll-Pin

The slide is now completely dissasembled.

Parts identification:
    1. Firing Pin Block
    2. Firing Pin Block Spring
    3. Firing Pin
    4. Firing Pin Spring
    5. Firing Pin Safety
    6. Firing Pin Safety Spring
    7. Firing Pin Safety Roll-Pin
    8. Firing Pin Block Roll-Pin
    9. Extractor
    10. Extractor Spring
    11. Rubber Plug for Extractor Spring
    12. Extractor Roll-Pin

Re-Asassembly

Step 1
    • Assemble the Rubber Plug inside the Extractor Spring and drop it inside the slide

Step 2
    • Guide the Extractor into the channel on the slide

Step 3
    • Locate the hole for the Extractor Roll-Pin in the slide and insert the roll-pin
    • Push in the Extractor to line up the hole on the extractor with the Extractor Roll-Pin hole in the slide
    • Use the 2.8mm (or 3/32") roll-pin punch, drive the roll-pin into the slide while pushing in on the Extractor
    • The roll-pin should sit a bit below the surface of the slide

Step 4
    • Assemble the Firing Pin and Firing Pin Spring

Step 5
    • Insert the Firing Pin into the slide and drop the Firing Pin Block Spring into the slide

Step 6
    • Drop the Firing Pin Block on top of the spring so that the quarter-pie side of the Firing Pin Block faces up
    • Push down on the Firing Pin Block and push in on the Firing Pin, then let go of the Firing Pin Block. The Firing Pin Block and Firing Pin should be locked in place

Step 7
    • Insert the Firing Pin Block Roll-Pin and use the 2.8mm (or 3/32") roll-pin punch to drive the roll-pin into the slide until it sits a little below the surface of the slide. Note: Pushing in slightly on the Firing Pin while inserting the Firing Pin Block Roll-Pin will help make it go in easier

Step 8
    • Assemble the Firing Pin Safety and Firing Pin Safety Spring

Step 9
    • Drop the Firing Pin Safety into the slide. Note the orientation of the Firing Pin Safety and its location inside the slide

Step 10
    • Insert the Firing Pin Safety Roll-Pin into the right side of the slide, and while pushing down on the Firing Pin Safety (from inside of the slide), drive the roll-pin into the side of the slide using the 1.4mm (or 1/16") roll-pin punch until it sits flush inside the hole

Step 11
    • Verify that the Firing Pin Safety Roll-Pin is laying across the top of the Firing Pin Safety

The slide is now completely re-assembled.
    Last edited by TooSixy; 10-22-2016 at 04:54 AM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Thanks TooSixy. Awesome tutorial as usual. Makes me want to buy one just so I can take it apart.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)

Thank you, sir. After getting a few questions about this new Firing Pin Safety, I figured a tutorial would be helpful.
    firecat likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why is there a new firing pin safety in this model? Anyone know anything about it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Awesome tutorial TooSixy. I just ordered the new Titanium firing pin from HKparts and the Light FPBS and this is exactly what i needed to get the job done.
    Last edited by C_Tomazini; 07-12-2016 at 03:25 AM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : North of one border South of another East and West of the others
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Another great and necessary tutorial. Thanks TooSixy.

A word of caution about that little firing pin safety roll pin. I searched the entire room, tearing it apart looking for that tiny bugger. I turned the slide all around looking and nothing fell out. After 30 minutes of searching I found it clinging inside the rail groove within the side of the slide. If it were not for that, the tear down takes mere seconds and is a breeze.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Thanks 2Sixy! These are so helpful!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can still count my hk's with one hand....I just gotta start over once or twice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

one tip, when re-installing the firing pin block roll pin push in slightly on the firing pin to open up the hole and the pin will drop right in before having to tap the rest of the way

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rentz View Post
    one tip, when re-installing the firing pin block roll pin push in slightly on the firing pin to open up the hole and the pin will drop right in before having to tap the rest of the way
    Good tip, @rentz . I've updated the tutorial to reflect this tip. Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Outstanding how-to! Many thanks. FYI the Firing Pin roll pin they me for a loop as it is present on the P30sk but not on the P30 or usp. Great attention to detail on the parts labeling.

Also, it’s neat to see pics of the same gun being worked on by the previous owner that you are now working on. 😜

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links