Info/Pics of Different Manufacturers Registered HK Trigger Packs, Sears an Housings - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Info/Pics of Different Manufacturers Registered HK Trigger Packs, Sears an Housings

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caf82313 View Post
    I also spoke with Doug DLO yesterday again trying to find out same info he gave no indication on how many were MFD and he stated that he was Sold out of DLO trigger packs, only time will tell as I have heard that he has said this before only to come up with a few more for sale.........
    To my knowledge in the past Doug has taken his frames off the market but never said they were sold out. If they are sold out then that is a change. As you note Doug has found some items reported as sold out in the past, largely due to his crazy-large collection of cool stuff and somewhat informal way of organizing it. I like to think there are a few more ammo cans of DLO frames misplaced somewhere in his shop... I don't want to think this is the end of essentially NOS HK machine guns.

Quote Originally Posted by jsurowitz View Post
    When I purchased my frame from Doug in 06, I asked him how many he registered. IIRC I think he said around 50.
    Doug has never given a good number of frames he registered to my knowledge, and many of his comments to different folks appear to be conflicting. I have seen SNs as low as 58 and as high as 109 personally, and at least two different prefixes (AC and M). Based on all the information I have collected over the years, I think 100-200 is a good guess, and that 50 is likely too low.

To put Doug's frames in perspective, he had a number of HK full auto (SEF) trigger groups available to him at a time when they weren't common in the U.S. This was because Doug is part of the generation of Class 3 dealers who used to travel to Europe and make direct buys of surplus firearms and firearm parts. He has never commented (to my knowledge) on the specific HK frame purchase, it would be interesting to know if he received them as part of a larger buy or if he recognized them for the potential they had as very easy to manufacture conversion devices

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

One of the most detailed and informative threads in the entire history of this forum.

Bravo caf.

Goes without saying this should be sticky.

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

...hoping our Local Librarian can help with quantities/photos as well. I see that lots of photos are disappearing from the Inner web due to photo bucket trying to save some.
    I will help out in what ever way I can, absolutely! Updating the old World of HK pages is a slow process and I'm still waiting on the owners to finish the upgrades before I can start adding new content and updating the old pages with new imagines and info.

As for the highest S&H number. Seems #2076 is what I have been able to track down. Here's the thread confirming it: https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-nfa-ta...ed-sear-2.html
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok great!!!! Do you have any pics maybe with the serial # partially blurred? Thanks for info
    It has been a while since I looked at the sear.

It is marked

FF CVille
    H0XXX
    Last edited by chillywig; 07-10-2017 at 11:18 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GPSIG View Post
    To my knowledge in the past Doug has taken his frames off the market but never said they were sold out. If they are sold out then that is a change. As you note Doug has found some items reported as sold out in the past, largely due to his crazy-large collection of cool stuff and somewhat informal way of organizing it. I like to think there are a few more ammo cans of DLO frames misplaced somewhere in his shop... I don't want to think this is the end of essentially NOS HK machine guns.

Doug has never given a good number of frames he registered to my knowledge, and many of his comments to different folks appear to be conflicting. I have seen SNs as low as 58 and as high as 109 personally, and at least two different prefixes (AC and M). Based on all the information I have collected over the years, I think 100-200 is a good guess, and that 50 is likely too low.

To put Doug's frames in perspective, he had a number of HK full auto (SEF) trigger groups available to him at a time when they weren't common in the U.S. This was because Doug is part of the generation of Class 3 dealers who used to travel to Europe and make direct buys of surplus firearms and firearm parts. He has never commented (to my knowledge) on the specific HK frame purchase, it would be interesting to know if he received them as part of a larger buy or if he recognized them for the potential they had as very easy to manufacture conversion devices
    Good info on the serial markings GPSIG............I suspect he has a few more to sell..........I wonder if anyone has seen a serial number lower than 58 that might get us closer to a number.........In a SAR article he told the interviewer several numbers on other platforms.....................It would interesting to know his thinking on the frames.......
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fargo007 View Post
    One of the most detailed and informative threads in the entire history of this forum.

Bravo caf.

Goes without saying this should be sticky.
    Thanks Fargo.......I hope they will put it back in the HK NFA section..............

Quote Originally Posted by Oicani View Post
    I will help out in what ever way I can, absolutely! Updating the old World of HK pages is a slow process and I'm still waiting on the owners to finish the upgrades before I can start adding new content and updating the old pages with new imagines and info.

As for the highest S&H number. Seems #2076 is what I have been able to track down. Here's the thread confirming it: https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-nfa-ta...ed-sear-2.html
    Thanks Miguel!!!! Do you know what the lowest number you have been able to track down? I called Curtis last year, I may need to call him again but like he said his memory isn't what it used to be.........

Quote Originally Posted by chillywig View Post
    It has been a while since I looked at the sear.

It is marked

FF CVille
    H0XXX
    Thanks for pic CW!!!!
    Last edited by caf82313; 07-10-2017 at 11:35 PM.

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

No idea on the lowest number. I imagine there's got to be a number 0001 out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great info

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GPSIG View Post

I think those are all excellent points. I too hope Doug has a hidden box or two of transferable HK frames. He did mention to me that he frequently finds items that he forgot about, so it could happen. My guess is that he has a handful tucked away for a rainy day. I did not know that Doug had access to parts in Europe. That puts into perspective why he was able to register so many HK frames, while it seems others just registered a handful.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)

@caf82313 --- thanks for putting the pic of the Alltech, registered trigger pack (recently sold) on Page 1!!!

Tony

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links