Ultimate Hammer Spring Infographic- Trying to Give back
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By TooSixy

Thread: Ultimate Hammer Spring Infographic- Trying to Give back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Ultimate Hammer Spring Infographic- Trying to Give back

Hey all,

I recently worked on a few of my pistols- an HK45, 45c, and P30. I had a lot of help from this forum, and wanted to give something back. Here is a little infographic I made to help recognize different hammer springs for these models. Feel free to add pictures of your own hammer springs and their lengths if you have them.

Just as a clarification, it appears that 214300 and 215694 with the 215694 being just a tad lighter. If you have an extra spring of either one, feel free to take a photo and upload it. It seems like both can go into an HK45, but the 215694 isn't indicated for the P30. This is kind of confusing. Can anyone explain this one?

In any case, feel free to edit the photos if you feel there has been a mistake.

Thanks!

GreekOrtho84
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ultimate Hammer Spring Infographic- Trying to Give back-stuff-post_page_1.jpg   Ultimate Hammer Spring Infographic- Trying to Give back-stuff-post_page_2.jpg   Ultimate Hammer Spring Infographic- Trying to Give back-stuff-post_page_3.jpg   Ultimate Hammer Spring Infographic- Trying to Give back-stuff-post_page_4.jpg  
    Last edited by GreekOrtho84; 01-17-2018 at 07:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ultimate Hammer Spring Infographic- Trying to Give back-stuff-post_page_1.jpg

Ultimate Hammer Spring Infographic- Trying to Give back-stuff-post_page_2.jpg

Ultimate Hammer Spring Infographic- Trying to Give back-stuff-post_page_3.jpg
    Ultimate Hammer Spring Infographic- Trying to Give back-stuff-post_page_4.jpg

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Very cool!! Thank you. This is a great forum!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

Excellent tutorial--- thank you!!!

Tony

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)

Don't believe everything you read on HKParts or a couple of other online vendors (Brownells comes to mind.) I found too many mistakes in their listings over the years. They also use the same picture for many different parts so beware.

215694 is the Match Hammer Spring (also used in older USP Compacts) and can be used in ALL pistols, except the HK45C, SKs, and VP series.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)

Here are the measurements from actual springs in hand. When I have more time, I'll get the measurements for the rest of the springs.

runngun, boriedd704 and PC7 like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you happen to know the length and # of coils on the HS #234479 for the HK45C?
    The one that was sent to me is 2.5" with 41 coils and does not fit.
    Thanks

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin13 View Post
    Do you happen to know the length and # of coils on the HS #234479 for the HK45C?
    The one that was sent to me is 2.5" with 41 coils and does not fit.
    Thanks
    Here you go. The HK45C (not USPC 45) hammer spring has 36 1/2 coils (or 37, depends on how you look at it).

Sponsored Links