MP5 Red Dots, Mounts, and Co-Witness Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: MP5 Red Dots, Mounts, and Co-Witness Thread

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Sorry to revive this thread, but has anyone tried that Shield SMS with their mount that was listed above?

https://www.shieldpsd.com/shop-2/shi...t-sms-1moa-dot
    https://www.shieldpsd.com/shop-2/sms-mount-for-hk-mp5

Its a pretty sweet looking idea. I'm leaning towards reflex site over microdot for my mp5 as I don't see myself needing the additional ruggedness of a microdot and yet I like the smaller frame of most reflex sites to let me see more. Not sure how I feel about lower 1/3 cowitness versus higher and more out of the way. Seems like the lower 1/3 might be a bit cluttered. Not a big fan of the idea of cowitness with how much it obstructs the view.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just picked up the MFI low pro mount for my SP5 SBR. I have to say that this is by far one of the best aftermarket mounts I’ve seen and used. In the military we were issued the HK claw mount and it worked great to be able to still retain the use of the irons. I was definitely not going to spend the asking for that mount or the HK Factory Mount. I went on a search and found that most of you were using this exact MFI Mount and were very happy with it. If you don’t know which one I’m referring to click on this link https://mfiap.com/i-23899698-mfi-spe...insurance.html it will take you straight to it. I will need to mount my Aimpoint Micro to it and go zero it this weekend. Thank you for helping me decide on another alternative to the HK factory mounts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MP5 Red Dots, Mounts, and Co-Witness Thread-9ae839b1-f184-4990-a09f-4aa38e52a849_1592879976763.jpeg   MP5 Red Dots, Mounts, and Co-Witness Thread-24e0bc73-81c9-40ba-b175-5a63a6952434_1592879989465.jpeg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New Guy Here,

I use the Burris Fast Fire 3 on my PTR clone. I get what you would call 1/3rd co-witness. Im not a fan. I have the integrated Picatinney rail on the upper so Im looking for something with a lower profile. In the mean time I grabbed an A3 Tactical Riser so I can use both Red Dot and Iron sights. Im hoping I dont have to adjust my check to stock position.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by armygreen765 View Post
    New Guy Here,

I use the Burris Fast Fire 3 on my PTR clone. I get what you would call 1/3rd co-witness. Im not a fan. I have the integrated Picatinney rail on the upper so Im looking for something with a lower profile. In the mean time I grabbed an A3 Tactical Riser so I can use both Red Dot and Iron sights. Im hoping I dont have to adjust my check to stock position.
    Welcome to the site. Although this is an HK site, we welcome all. If you cruse the forum lists you will see there is a sub forum specifically for clone weapons. Your question may be better off asked in there due to fact your optic rail is welded vs removable. Your options are limited due to that fact vs the HK where you can get various hgt rails to aid in adjusting your optic hgt.

Edit: Not meant as a discouragement, there many knowledge wealthy folks in here that are more then willing to help. My original statement was just a mere suggestion.
    Last edited by Chargerdude70; 06-26-2020 at 01:28 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timewaster1700 View Post
    Sorry to revive this thread, but has anyone tried that Shield SMS with their mount that was listed above?

https://www.shieldpsd.com/shop-2/shi...t-sms-1moa-dot
    https://www.shieldpsd.com/shop-2/sms-mount-for-hk-mp5

Its a pretty sweet looking idea. I'm leaning towards reflex site over microdot for my mp5 as I don't see myself needing the additional ruggedness of a microdot and yet I like the smaller frame of most reflex sites to let me see more. Not sure how I feel about lower 1/3 cowitness versus higher and more out of the way. Seems like the lower 1/3 might be a bit cluttered. Not a big fan of the idea of cowitness with how much it obstructs the view.
    Yes - and it's awesome.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links