USP, USP Compact, P2000, P2000SK Mag-Spring Chart - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: USP, USP Compact, P2000, P2000SK Mag-Spring Chart

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by forestdesert View Post
    orfeo, stumbled across something interesting in the parts list for a new (AG) P2000 in .40. The mags for the .40 now come with a different mag spring from the evil old 214212 (which is still used in the new P2000 mags in 9mm and .357 sig). Looked at this new spring (218587), and it is visibly stouter than the old 214212, having more turns. It has about as many turns as the +10 Wolff that replaces the 214212, and the wire is nearly as thick as the Wolff.

Evidently HK decided that a slightly stronger spring was needed for the bigger .40 round, but the old 214212 was still OK for 9 or .357.

Question remains, has anyone got a new (AG) manual for the USPc45? Curious if HK is now using this same new spring to help out those historically weak mags.
    Hmmmmm. . . very interesting! I'm glad to hear about the beefier spring (might even be a Wolff). Please do keep us updated as you learn anything more! Thanks for the input :)
    HK is the way!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a question...if I have a 10 round mag for a USP compact could I change the spring and convert it to a 12 round mag?? I have three 10 rounders sitting around and that could be a cheap way to convert

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No, the springs really have nothing to do with mag capacity. The two round block is in the floor plate and there is no good way to convert a 10 round mag to full cap. They were designed that way to be in line with ATFE laws that were in affect during the AWB. You need entirely new magazines if you want full caps. If making a full cap were as easy as replacing the springs or a simple floor plate swap the ATFE would never have approved the magazines for sale.
    Join the NRA
    On the 8th day God created HKs.
    Beware speaking with a sharp tongue as you are apt to cut your own throat.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

fair enough...just curious

thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had a question what mag springs would work for the Jet Funnel Mags since they are not listed and I own a Expert 9mm with Jet Funnel this is certainly something I am interested in.

Thanks in advance.
    USPf .45 HE
    (2) USPc 9mm SS
    Expert 9mm with Jet Funnel
    P7M13

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanks for the good info!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any idea about what springs to use fo the P30 15 round magazines?

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs down

Where did you get the information that the wolf springs for the usp fullsize magazines work in the p2k??

I ordered a set of those springs, and they dont work. You can't load the magazines past 11 rounds. I managed to get one of the mags loaded to 12, but in the process of pushing on the last round it dented the casing of the round at the top of the stack, and it still wont go in on the other 2 mags. The one mag that I did get loaded to 12 wont go into the gun and seat on a normal reload motion. You have to get leverage to get the gun to get it to seat, and there is so much tension on the mag release when you do that its difficult to engage the release.

I dont think the springs you list as being compatible with the p2k really are, and wolf doesnt list it as p2k compatible.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Red face NOT a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by KurtP2k View Post
    Where did you get the information that the wolf springs for the usp fullsize magazines work in the p2k?? . . .
    By looking up the HK mag-spring part numbers for each and every model listed. . . and then by cross-referencing to the Wolff replacement. For example, HK uses one same spring (HK part #214850) for all the 10-round mags listed above, from USP Compacts to P2000s to fullsize USPs. The Wolff mag-spring (Wolff part #78671) only lists the USP40, USP45, and the USP9. . . not because those are the only models to which the spring belongs, but because the owner of Wolff hasn't had the time to verify the HK part numbers nor to update his website. I know because I've spoken to him directly about it. He has a copy of this same chart you are reading right now. He says he will update it all when he gets around to it. He also was sent a member's own SK mag to use as a model for another spring over a year ago, and hasn't gotten around to making the spring available yet.

The concerns you are having are typical of new Wolff +10% mag-springs. Everyone has the same concerns as you when they first receive the Wolff +10% springs. They are VERY strong at first. . . that is why they outperform the HK original springs. They will get easier to work with in time. :)

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by KurtP2k View Post
    . . . I dont think the springs you list as being compatible with the p2k really are, and wolf doesnt list it as p2k compatible.
    The P2000 uses USP Compact mags.

Since you think I am wrong, I recommend you look up all the part numbers yourself and double-check my work. It's the least you can do before declaring that the springs listed are not "p2k compatible".

The issues you are having have nothing whatever to do with a cross-referencing incompatibility between models. The issue you are having relates to your unfamiliarity with the +10% powered springs. They are VERY strong.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links