Project: Break my P2000 - Page 38
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38

Thread: Project: Break my P2000

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default First post here...

I have to give credit where credit is due. This forum, and this thread in particular, was what finally convinced me to purchase my first H&K, a p2000sk v3 in 9mm. Thanks Greg for all the effort put into this project!!! H&K really should be comping you something for all the sales you have given them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Greg did you manage to shoot the rest of the Super yet. I am interested in seeing the chrono results. If people want to donate to your cause- the Super is the way to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As a P2000 owner, this thread makes me proud. It's great to know that my firearm would keep me safe in a situation that would call for such heavy use, like a zombie outbreak or something. Keep it up, you're my new hero.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a P2000 .40 LEM that has seen 4K+ rounds from a combination of 155gr Winchester Ranger (RA40155HP) and 155gr Federal XM40HB. In all those rounds, nothing on the gun has broken and the 3 failures to feed I had were magazine related. OTOH and FWIW, a buddy of mine made it to maybe 2500 rounds with his P2K before the trigger mechanism broke, using a combination of the above 2 loadings as well. I'm actually trying to break mine too, cuz if I do I get a new one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Here is what I won't be doing...
    4. Bombarding it with gamma rays to see if it becomes the incredible Hulk.
    etc
    I know this is an old post, but I've got that covered for you. I've carried a P2000 for three years now and exposed it to gamma rays on and off the whole time and it hasn't turned green yet.

Quote Originally Posted by seang View Post
    I was thinking about getting a P2000 in .40 with LEM trigger for duty use. What duty holster does the Borderpatrol use? Are most the agents happy with the gun? I prefer the Safariland 070 Level 3 holster for duty use, but they don't make it for the P2000. Not a fan of the Safariland 6280 duty holster and that's the only holster it appears Safariland makes for the P2000.
    The "default" holster for BP is the 6280, but the 6281/6287 high rides are also approved. I can't speak to the OBP side, but in OFO there's been a lot of resistance to the H&K switch, mostly because everyone loved their Glocks so much.

I'll add that the only failures I've seen in the P2000 are when using underpowered frangible ammo, and usually only when the gun is very dirty. Then the slide won't always go back into battery, and it won't always lock open when empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bore View Post
    One more Mac user here. I went with a mini-mac after my PC went belly up last month. So far so good. Twice the power of my old PC in a box so small it is ridiculous and it cleared up a lot of room on the desk. How many nerd points do you get for switching to mac anyway?
    I'll add my voice to the crowd. I grew up with PCs but after working in the news and photojournalism business for a while, I saw the light. I still keep a PC, but it doesn't see much use.

I shot 100 rounds of blazer at Shooter's in Columbus. For all you single guys, there is a really beautiful girl with amazing eyes that works there. She carries a 1911 so she must be a keeper!
    If that's the same girl who was there when I rolled through that neighborhood in June of '07, then I will confirm this info. She carried a Para P14 and she even let me check it out when I asked nicely.
    Last edited by infrared35; 12-07-2008 at 03:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have probably put aout 500-800 random rounds through it since June. The test is over! The gun is now in my safe taking a rest!
    Glen: could you find the time and funds to torture a P30? I, for one, want to know if HK continues the tradition with their newest offerings or if they have begun to compromise. I sure hope it's the former, since I have a P30 coming by UPS this week !!
    Jim

Nov 2010 elections are critical to the future of our country - register and vote - Hidden Content

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wink Ummm...

Quote Originally Posted by jgedmond View Post
    Glen: could you find the time and funds to torture a P30? I, for one, want to know if HK continues the tradition with their newest offerings or if they have begun to compromise. I sure hope it's the former, since I have a P30 coming by UPS this week !!
    Bob: If you want to get Mr. Bell's attention, you have to call him by his real name!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I think there's a TYPO moon tonight!

ARKAY
    I intend to live forever-so far, so good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was considering a G26 or G27 but after this thread I'm definitely going to my local store to see how the 2KSQ feels. I only own one full size USP but I must say HK makes some amazing firearms.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by demetrios View Post
    I was considering a G26 or G27 but after this thread I'm definitely going to my local store to see how the 2KSQ feels. I only own one full size USP but I must say HK makes some amazing firearms.
    Just one HK!?!!?!??!!?!? Yes you MUST go to the store and BUY another one!...NOW!!!!
    Get clean shots, watch your background.
    Instagram: Needmore308

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38

Sponsored Links