Burst Pack - Trigger Pack Removal Made Easy - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Burst Pack - Trigger Pack Removal Made Easy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Though its a pretty easy operation, are there any common newbie mistakes? Something along the lines of the Part A and B as above?

I bought a factory Navy pack from adam. Did the above, and everything came out fine. But, when replacing the selector, it would *not* (without a great amount of force) rotate in either direction, and not much at that. If I removed the right selector lever (the "extra" one) and turned, it would rotate and click into place, albeit loosely.

My S/F FBI pack was no problem. Until a few times later Same exact scenario. Thankfully it was all going to IGF the next day for a build.

This a common newbie thing? Or did I just do what I do best? (make the simplest things the most difficult..)

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by themessenger View Post
    Though its a pretty easy operation, are there any common newbie mistakes? Something along the lines of the Part A and B as above?

I bought a factory Navy pack from adam. Did the above, and everything came out fine. But, when replacing the selector, it would *not* (without a great amount of force) rotate in either direction, and not much at that. If I removed the right selector lever (the "extra" one) and turned, it would rotate and click into place, albeit loosely.

My S/F FBI pack was no problem. Until a few times later Same exact scenario. Thankfully it was all going to IGF the next day for a build.

This a common newbie thing? Or did I just do what I do best? (make the simplest things the most difficult..)
    A few things you may have missed, and one that's missed in the pics/instructions - when you put them back together, the left side goes in at the same angle it came out, straight up. Be sure the spring-loaded hook on the right side of the pack is on the round boss. Push the locking tab on the inside down while pushing the left side into the pack. Now push the right side on.

Now here's the part that was missed - once you're holding both halves tightly against the housing, continue turning it counter-clockwise as viewed from the left side, don't turn it back towards safe, turn it towards full-auto. In an earlier post I wrote to turn it counter-clockwise back to safe. The trick is that you have to go through Full auto, then semi, then to safe. But it must be counter-clockwise.
    Hidden Content

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From my memory, I did exactly that. The left selector clicks under the selector release lever and fits pretty closely to the pack itself. It stays in if its turned toward the floor. The couple times the FBI pack worked, turning counter-clockwise was easy and it easily clicked back into place.

I did notice on the navy pack that the selector was fairly difficult to flip between settings. Anyway, it should be back early next week and I can give it another shot. If not, I might just have to drop by your place for a bit of schooling :-)

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't forget to press down on the lever while you snap the 2 halves of the selector lever together.... then turn the selector to lock everything in place.
    Common sense isn't so common anymore...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Got it. The key was indeed to press both selectors in tightly. Once I looked at the spring loaded cam on the right selector (non-pictograph side) and figured out how it works to lock the selector, it made sense.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Glad you got it.

PBR
    We like to feel that we can get out

of trouble quicker than we got into it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

Great Post

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Burst Pack - Trigger Pack Removal Made Easy

I am confused! Forgive me if I am wrong or if I have missed something but on disassembly I turn my SF/FBI Pack Selector Lever (the left lever with axle) Clockwise (looking at it from left side) as per the instructions at Page 34 Operator's Manual. Also, as per the Manual, I turn it until the "white indicator line" is pointing down (to 6 o' clock). There is no mention of turning "counter clockwise".
    Likewise on my SEF and 0 1 packs, I turn, as per Manual instructions page 32, Counter Clockwise (again, looking at it from left side).
    On re-assembly of ambi packs, according to the Manual,when both are mated, the selector levers should be rotated in a Counter Clockwise direction (viewing trigger pack assembly from left side). On re-assembly of SEF (and 0 1) packs the selector lever is turned Clockwise,not counter clockwise, as per pages 39 -41 Manual.
    Have I missed something? Can these points please be clarified?
    Keith.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abogado View Post
    I am confused! Forgive me if I am wrong or if I have missed something but on disassembly I turn my SF/FBI Pack Selector Lever (the left lever with axle) Clockwise (looking at it from left side) as per the instructions at Page 34 Operator's Manual. Also, as per the Manual, I turn it until the "white indicator line" is pointing down (to 6 o' clock). There is no mention of turning "counter clockwise".
    Likewise on my SEF and 0 1 packs, I turn, as per Manual instructions page 32, Counter Clockwise (again, looking at it from left side).
    On re-assembly of ambi packs, according to the Manual,when both are mated, the selector levers should be rotated in a Counter Clockwise direction (viewing trigger pack assembly from left side). On re-assembly of SEF (and 0 1) packs the selector lever is turned Clockwise,not counter clockwise, as per pages 39 -41 Manual.
    Have I missed something? Can these points please be clarified?
    Keith.
    The removal instruction picture shows it from the right side, so clockwise is correct based on their picture, although it does not specify "as viewed from the right side". Then the installation picture shows it from the left side, so counterclockwise is correct. It's unfortunate they didn't specify a side in both cases, but it is what it is.

So to clarify - when removing or reinstalling the selector on an ambi pack (Navy, burst, FBI), you always turn counter-clockwise when viewed from the left side. When the tip of the lever is straight up and down, the right side selector can be removed, and then the left side with the axle will pull out.

Then to reinstall, push the left side in, again, with the lever sticking straight up, then push on the right side. Holding them both tightly against the sides of the pack, continue turning counter-clockwise until the click back in to one of the marked locations.

SEF packs with the metal selector are different - turn them counterclockwise and straight up to remove, but turn them clockwise to reinstall, they won't spin all the way around like the ambi packs.

So ambi packs are always turned counter-clockwise as viewed from the left whether installing or removing.

SEF packs are counter-clockwise to remove, clockwise to install, as viewed from the left.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links