Burst Pack - Trigger Pack Removal Made Easy - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Burst Pack - Trigger Pack Removal Made Easy

HKA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello Everyone,
    I am having a problem with my 3-shot lower. I have never taken it apart; I would like to - to find out why the selector switch is so HARD to rotate. I have taken the trigger pack out of housing but have never gone beyond that. I managed that by reading this thread. Can anyone help me out - tell me what to check regarding the very stiff rotation of the selector switch?
    All help would be greatly appreciated.

Teufelshund Tactical
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKA View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    I am having a problem with my 3-shot lower. I have never taken it apart; I would like to - to find out why the selector switch is so HARD to rotate. I have taken the trigger pack out of housing but have never gone beyond that. I managed that by reading this thread. Can anyone help me out - tell me what to check regarding the very stiff rotation of the selector switch?
    All help would be greatly appreciated.
    You don't need to disassemble your trigger pack because the selector is “HARD to rotate”. This issue is the result of you not aligning the selector axle and opposite selector correctly. If you force it, the detent on the opposite end selector will rub (metal on metal) against your trigger pack and eventually do permanent damage to the pack.
    You just need to continue to back out the selector axle and the opposite selector and carefully realign them until they rotate in unison freely. Sometimes this takes several tries, but again, if it does not rotate freely, back out and try again.
    SF,

James

Heckler and Koch Certified Armorer (Heckler and Koch)
    Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor (Singleton International)

Owner, Teufelshund Tactical

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

HKA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you Sir,
    Will Give that a try. And post the result.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Ambi pak reassembly problem

I have a 4 position semi ambi pak that will not reassemble on the last step. I understand every detail of this thread and the videos. I have 2 paks that do the same thing. Both go together just fine into 12 o'clock position. When I press the release lever, the selector moves forward freely just a little before a feel a small scrape then stop. It cannot move forward (anti-clockwise on left side). What am I doing wrong? (it won't move at all in the other direction from 12 o'clock). Is there something different about a semi pak. I don't see any other possibility. I believe it is a 2 working position semi conversion from a 4 position trigger.

Teufelshund Tactical
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolthead View Post
    I have a 4 position semi ambi pak that will not reassemble on the last step. I understand every detail of this thread and the videos. I have 2 paks that do the same thing. Both go together just fine into 12 o'clock position. When I press the release lever, the selector moves forward freely just a little before a feel a small scrape then stop. It cannot move forward (anti-clockwise on left side). What am I doing wrong? (it won't move at all in the other direction from 12 o'clock). Is there something different about a semi pak. I don't see any other possibility. I believe it is a 2 working position semi conversion from a 4 position trigger.
    It is all about the alignment of the pack within the housing and the two ends of the selector in the pack. If that alignment is off, even a little, you won't be able to complete the reassembly. You just have to keep attempting it until the selector rotates freely.
    Of course you could have buggered something up with your trigger pack, but without close up photos or the items in front of me on my work bench, who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, I'll try it by starting over again. Everything looks seated and holes are centered. Selectors go in nicely. It doesn't seem like a good design would be that picky. Disassembly was easy and Adam previously showed be reassembly on at least one of them. The possible catch/binding I thought would be further along. Mine do not get very far before they stop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am stuck on this one. I can see how it all works except why it won’t move forward. It works fine if I don’t attach the right side selector lever. I can see how the small button on the short selector lever won’t push in until after it clears the dip in the housing hole and it attached to the long selector lever. Both sides of the selector fit together all the way, with the housing being slightly narrower. It’s a textbook fit with nothing special to line up. I just can’t see what it is about the right side selector lever to make it stop moving forward after a very short travel.
    (The only differences with a semi conversion is the missing full auto parts and use of a 2 notch selector)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links