USP/C to LEM with safety instructions - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: USP/C to LEM with safety instructions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Once the take up is "taken up" how comparable is it to the V1 SA pull? You said you bought your kit from CDNN? I couldn't find it on their website.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Remember, this was posted a long time ago. CDNN had the kits for about a year but they have been sold out now for quite some time.
    The take up on the initial shot and break of the trigger is very similar to the SA pull on a standard V1 in SA mode except with the LEM you will see the hammer moving back to full cock as you pull the trigger. There is a little more stacking at the end but not much. I have not noticed it but others have commented that they feel there is a bit more stacking but that would mean that the take up would be lighter than with the SA V1 since they break at about the same pull weight.
    Join the NRA
    On the 8th day God created HKs.
    Beware speaking with a sharp tongue as you are apt to cut your own throat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Damn.... good info... I might try to do it myself now instead!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

very nice and helpful. I have done some in depth Glock work but I know HK is a little different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very nice Big Bore! I might have to take up this task myself.
    Take care

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The safety still works I suppose?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lmmmmm View Post
    thanks for the writeup. im going to do that with mine.
    +1 Very helpful.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bruchi View Post
    The safety still works I suppose?
    Of course, wouldn't be much since in retaining it if it did not. However, the decocker will not work. It will depress downward but will not decock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by frederick View Post
    OK, sorry for the misunderstanding. I just wanted to stop the downward motion of the lever with the V1 (V1 + V2 actually) plate. Of course it does not decock anything... I will get a V9 plate on Thursday and I will test it, but I'm pretty sure it will work.
    We now have a nice setup. Let's call it V11. or V8. Whatever.
    The V9 plate only has the safety and not the decock, correct? According to this article (old but did an amazing job explaining the LEM functionality) he had even the safety removed when he sent it into H&K for the conversion. So it has no control lever at all, right? Anyone else do this?

"The H&K LEM pistols, like their regular DAO models, can be obtained with or without a control lever safety. I chose to not have the lever retained when my pistol was converted to LEM. I did this for a number of reasons: (a) The safety isn't necessary; (b) No liability issues of whether the pistol was on safe or not prior to firing; (c) To eliminate concerns that the pistol might be accidentally put on Safe; (d) The pistol is more comfortable in an IWB holster without the control lever; and (e) The absence of the control lever gives a cleaner access to the slide lock release lever. "

Full Article
    http://www.outdoors.net/site/feature...rticleCode+901

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by planzwrecker View Post
    The V9 plate only has the safety and not the decock, correct? According to this article (old but did an amazing job explaining the LEM functionality) he had even the safety removed when he sent it into H&K for the conversion. So it has no control lever at all, right? Anyone else do this?

"The H&K LEM pistols, like their regular DAO models, can be obtained with or without a control lever safety. I chose to not have the lever retained when my pistol was converted to LEM. I did this for a number of reasons: (a) The safety isn't necessary; (b) No liability issues of whether the pistol was on safe or not prior to firing; (c) To eliminate concerns that the pistol might be accidentally put on Safe; (d) The pistol is more comfortable in an IWB holster without the control lever; and (e) The absence of the control lever gives a cleaner access to the slide lock release lever. "

Full Article
    http://www.outdoors.net/site/feature...rticleCode+901
    Normally LEM conversions do not have any type of control lever. The only safety is the FPB, the long take up, and the safety between the ears. I chose to retain the safety for reasons I listed. With the V1 detent plate which I retained, the lever will depress into the decock position but it does NOT decock. The only difference between the V9 and the V1 detent plate when used in the LEM is that the V9 detent will not depress, but remember, neither will decock in the LEM conversion. Both work as Safe Only.

According to his reasons for NOT using the safety, here is my take.
    A. That is correct.
    B. Also correct.
    C. When you train "on safe," there is no accidentally put on safe situation likely to happen: making up a reason here.
    D. Not if the holster is made correctly which most are, in that they cover the slide and safety of the pistol on the body side completely.
    E. Not if you are familiar and know how to use your pistol. If you know your pistol there is no fumbling and nothing is going to get in the way of your slide release. He is nit-picking here.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links