Looking at picking up a PTR91F or GI, suggestions?

Thread: Looking at picking up a PTR91F or GI, suggestions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Looking at picking up a PTR91F or GI, suggestions?

Ive been following this forum for about 5-6 months and have learned quite a bit. Ive heard about the issues some of these weapons have and I hope they have finally been worked out. I love the look, caliber and idea of the rifle and would enjoy getting more familiar with it. Im not too worried about the weight but have noticed some talk about the GI being more light on the front end. One of my main concerns is what serial numbers are currently being sold from certain vendors. Considering many of the issues were occuring some time ago, im hoping now would be a good time to buy. I deploy to Afganistan in November and would love to have a good few months of trigger time before I leave the rifle with my father.

Any input on which model to buy, from where, and good non-bank-breaking upgrades would be greatly appreciated. Trigger work, sight, and wooden furniture are what I currently have in mind. Also where many of you currently get a large ammount of decent ammo? Ive noticed surplus doesnt last long, or maybe im not looking in the right place.

Thanks in advance,
    Desertrat

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Welcome to the site, and thank you for your service!!!
    From my understanding, all of the "GI" models are good to go, plus look much better.
    Watch your 3-6-9, and let us know what you acquire.

Tony

Sponsored Links