New VP9 owner -- FIRST hand gun - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New VP9 owner -- FIRST hand gun

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

Welcome to the site, and congratulations on the acquisition!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by russc2542 View Post
    Any class that doesn't start out with the usual safety lecture is one you should question the value of. If you think about it, lessons in how to properly carry, draw, and shoot ARE lessons in safety. You can be "safe" as you want by padlocking the gun and ammo in separate safes bolted to your foundation and all that but if you can't get it out of the holster without putting a hole in your leg or hit the broad side of a barn, is it really that safe for you to have a gun?
    I see safety class is essential, I'll look into it... don't want to shoot myself or by stander on accident lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Best price on mags I've found is Cross Creek Guns. $37.50 if I remember right.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HongKong View Post
    I see safety class is essential, I'll look into it... don't want to shoot myself or by stander on accident lol
    Good on you for the great attitude about safety. As a fairly new shooter myself, I found that individualized high quality instruction cannot be undervalued. If you learn good technique at the beginning (and avoid picking up bad "muscle memory"), you can very quickly improve your proficiency. I think of it sort of like learning a golf swing. Once bad habits are ingrained, it's twice the effort to unlearn them. Same with pistols. Learning proper grip, stance, sight alignment, sight picture, trigger control, etc. correctly from the inception will make you a safer shooter and a more effective shooter. Plus, it'll be a lot more fun!

In your area, you might check out Paul Howe's offerings in Nacogdoches.

CSAT

Good luck and welcome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle93 View Post
    Best price on mags I've found is Cross Creek Guns. $37.50 if I remember right.
    Man, I wish I had seen your post earlier. I already purchased 3 mags from hkparts.net. I'll check out that site and cancel my order if I have to... thanks for posting.

Sombra - that's a nice analogy! Nacogdoches is quite a drive for me but I'll check it out, thanks for your insight.
    Last edited by HongKong; 07-12-2016 at 12:31 PM.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You picked a heck of a gun for your first handgun. Enjoy it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You bet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

WELCOME to H&K ! you made a wise choose and I've no doubt you'll be happy w/ it. This forum is a good source of info and advice make use of it. Enjoy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lanbos Armory for magazines - $34.47 plus $5.50 shipping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebraska_HK View Post
    WELCOME to H&K ! you made a wise choose and I've no doubt you'll be happy w/ it. This forum is a good source of info and advice make use of it. Enjoy.
    Thanks! Did a lot of research before pulling the trigger, I'm sure I made the right choice. PPQ and P320 are great choices too but the HK won me over.

Quote Originally Posted by HwyStarJoe View Post
    Lanbos Armory for magazines - $34.47 plus $5.50 shipping.
    Man, hkparts.net already charged and ship my mags. I'm tempted to buy more at the price you posted but I spent a lot of money on accessories over the weekend and need to chill. I'll buy more at a later date.

I disassembled my VP last night and the recoil spring doesn't have much red on it... does that mean my gun is not new? Watched Sootch00's video and his new VP coil spring is completely red... just wondering, not bothered by it. The frame itself is pretty clean, I wiped it down and oil the rail and all the other spots shown in one of the youtube video by the infamous navyman.

I'll be taking this bad bitch to the range tomorrow... stoked!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links