Grip Help - HK Expert Grip Ouchie! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Grip Help - HK Expert Grip Ouchie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scrubber3 View Post
    Gloves man. Gloves. Some good Mechanix gloves are all you need

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Agreed! I have a junk pair that I cut the fingers out except the middle and ring and I think it gives awesome control during rapid fire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    I've been looking at gloves too... But not sure, man (I'm female lol.) I don't love gloves on my bike so thinking maybe not on my gun.

I'll let you know how the goat tape works because my plan tomorrow is just to tape my hand. Lol it's still going to hurt because it's a raw/open thing now.

Today...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Agreed! I have a junk pair that I cut the fingers out except the middle and ring and I think it gives awesome control during rapid fire.
    Ahhh maybe fingerless is the key. Something with palm texture.

I'll keep looking at gloves.

A friend told me since it's kind of a gun developed for military use/leo and they mostly wear gloves.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)

Fingerless gloves (e.g., weightlifting) are user-friendly!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I might get flamed for this, but here goes. Bicycle tube! It's low profile, rubber, replaceable, customizable, and cheap. I have stubby fingers and don't like the bulk of the typical slip on grips. I needed something to keep my grip from chewing up my side while carrying in a holster. Just cut the length you need, wash it with soap and water to remove the powder residue, and slip it over the grip.

This also might get me flamed, but I recall when my USP was new many years ago, the back strap was quite sharp and would make my hand sore. After many years of use, the points aren't as sharp. A very, very light sanding of the back strap with some very fine sand paper or emery cloth could knock the sharp edges off and not affect the stipling or appearance.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diablo53 View Post
    I might get flamed for this, but here goes. Bicycle tube! It's low profile, rubber, replaceable, customizable, and cheap. I have stubby fingers and don't like the bulk of the typical slip on grips. I needed something to keep my grip from chewing up my side while carrying in a holster. Just cut the length you need, wash it with soap and water to remove the powder residue, and slip it over the grip.

This also might get me flamed, but I recall when my USP was new many years ago, the back strap was quite sharp and would make my hand sore. After many years of use, the points aren't as sharp. A very, very light sanding of the back strap with some very fine sand paper or emery cloth could knock the sharp edges off and not affect the stipling or appearance.
    Give that man/woman a cigar!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd built up calluses. A weekend of matches will shred your fingers and palms. If you're also shooting an AR you'll burn your fingertips.

Anything rubber like an inner tube or a Hogue grip will turn to a slimy, slippery mess if you sweat all over it.

Needs Therapy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I think one of the things (and I did this when I started) was that because the grip is a good size, shooters may tend to grip the gun too tightly. An expert 9 has a very light recoil, and I imagine if you're running matches with ammo just meeting the minimum power level, it's probably even more manageable. I used to have very distinct backstrap USP marks on my palms, but after practicing with a less-tight grip, my shooting significantly improved in terms of speed and accuracy.

My wife has child like hands and she tends to death grip her Expert and she always gets the indentation that look like she smacked a porcupine.

My grip is more of a clapping type grip and much less beer can grip.

jmo

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

THIS! You can be like a real operator! No but seriously you should and part of the great thing about HK products is their trigger guard is great if you wear gloves because of the extra room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Haha my instructor pretty much told me to man up. Hah I noticed i was giving it a death grip and I was pulling the gun right (shoot left, but am right handed.) He had me loosen my grip and then I was back center mass... and it wasnt quite as bad.

At this point I'm going to use crossfit tape (rock and goat tape) just to give myself a little protection :)

I appreciate all the responses and advice!

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links