Range report and forearm question.

Thread: Range report and forearm question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Range report and forearm question.

So second trip to the range with my MKE MP5, have to say it loves 124 and 147 GRN. Ran like a top no malfunctions of any kind with the 30 round curved magazines. In addition I learned the with the straight "stick" mag is not the best, live and learn. One question for the group I bought a wide forearm to replace the slim one, is there a trick to putting it on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To remove the stock narrow forearm you simply tap out the retaining pin that attaches it near the triple tree, wiggle the handguard a bit, pulling it down and away as it is also retained on the front of the receiver by "Friction and a snug fit" only. Once you've removed it place the Wide forearm onto the receiver in reverse order. You should have received an instruction manual that shows all this by the way, last things guys do BTW is read the instruction manuals. LOL

BTW now that you have it broken in give the 115's a try as well. They work just as well.
    Last edited by Frank in GA.; 08-09-2017 at 01:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks I should have clarified, I know how to take the standard forearm on and off, the wide forearm is larger and the only way I could see getting it on was jamming it in, and I didn't want to risk damaging something. As far as the ammo goes I will come back to the 115 grn. First time at the range with 115 did not go so well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steiner View Post
    Thanks I should have clarified, I know how to take the standard forearm on and off, the wide forearm is larger and the only way I could see getting it on was jamming it in, and I didn't want to risk damaging something. As far as the ammo goes I will come back to the 115 grn. First time at the range with 115 did not go so well.
    Yes, the wide forearm is a very snug fit but, you will be thankful of that later. Yes, the 124 & 147's work miracles to loosen up the gun somewhat during break in, I try to stay away from the 158's completely though. Sounds like you're enjoying it!

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Photos please. I have an HK MP5 that came with the wide forearm, so I have no comparison, but I just put the back of the forearm in place, plus the front up, and stick the pin in. Simple.
    If "Dirty Harry" had been made in 1996:
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fire twelve shots or only eleven?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a HK MARK 23, the only offensive handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Glad to hear that it is running well with the higher grains!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Range report and forearm question.-imag1444.jpgRange report and forearm question.-imag1445.jpgRange report and forearm question.-imag1446.jpg

This is what I am looking at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steiner View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1444.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	2.30 MB 
ID:	135017Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1445.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	2.32 MB 
ID:	135025Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1446.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	135033

This is what I am looking at.
    Yep, looks like that's the right one. The lip inside the wide forearm fits into the recess of the receiver and the forward end pivots up and the pin holds it in place. Part of the design of the wide forearm is to cover the trunion. It should fit fine. The forearm for the 53 is similar but a bit longer than what I'm seeing in the picture.

Sponsored Links