• 1 Post By TheJerkman
  • 1 Post By jasonhk416
  • 1 Post By WolfieRules

Thread: HK VP9 Guide Rod Spring

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK VP9 Guide Rod Spring

Hello all,
    I see some clips on youtube that the VP9 OEM guide rod spring is underpowered and to replace with VP40 spring? Any aftermarket spring suggestions or go with OEM VP40 spring? Some say VP9 OEM spring is good? I'm confused

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonhk416 View Post
    Hello all,
    I see some clips on youtube that the VP9 OEM guide rod spring is underpowered and to replace with VP40 spring? Any aftermarket spring suggestions or go with OEM VP40 spring? Some say VP9 OEM spring is good? I'm confused
    The new springs provided with your VP9 stock from factory are the VP40 springs. If your spring has red paint on it from the factory you have an older VP9 spring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheJerkman View Post
    The new springs provided with your VP9 stock from factory are the VP40 springs. If your spring has red paint on it from the factory you have an older VP9 spring.
    Oh I see... Thanks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Oh I see... Thanks!
    No problem, let me try and find you a picture to better explain what to look for...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh I see... Thanks!

I just contacted HK and they told me that VP40 spring is good for 124 gr and it won't work with 115 which I shoot. They said if I'm going to stick with 115, I should stick with the older spring.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Oh I see... Thanks!

I just contacted HK and they told me that VP40 is good for 124 gr and it won't work with 115 which I shoot. They said if I'm going to stick with 115, I should stick with the older spring.
    This is the old spring. The new spring will work fine for 115 after its broken in which is recommended 200 rds of 124gr and/or leaving the gun locked open for a couple days and that should help and then you can shoot whatever.
    jasonhk416 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is the old spring. The new spring will work fine for 115 after its broken in which is recommended 200 rds of 124gr and/or leaving the gun locked open for a couple days and that should help and then you can shoot whatever.
    thanks!!!
    TheJerkman likes this.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yup, once 'broken in' the new spring works with 115 just fine.....I've had no issues over 1000s of 115g rounds on VP9 or my VP9SK
    TheJerkman likes this.
    VP9 - times 4
    VP9SK
    P30 v3
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Oh I see... Thanks!

I just contacted HK and they told me that VP40 spring is good for 124 gr and it won't work with 115 which I shoot. They said if I'm going to stick with 115, I should stick with the older spring.
    For what it’s worth, I bought an older VP9 with the red spring. Then bought a suppressor. I ordered the threaded barrel from HK and when I did they told me I needed a new spring. I asked whether I should just use the new spring all the time. They told me the same thing. If I planned to shoot 115 use the old spring with the red on it, if I planned to shoot the suppressor with 147 I should use the new spring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not to steal the thread, but my VP9 came with the red spring it in. For the first 100 rounds I was shooting Blazers 115, never had any problems with it. Then I read on here and also in owners manual about using NATO or 124. Since then I've been shooting 124 (Lawman, S&B, & Winchester NATO) though it and my VP9sk. I like the way it shoots better with the 124 than 115. Anyways, should I be switching springs if I want to stay with 124 or go to 147? For the price 124 cost just about the same as 115, depending on brands.

Sponsored Links