Two part conversion question - probably a stupid question but - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Two part conversion question - probably a stupid question but

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

So if I use all the ones in the kit I get a regular LEM?

I would have to order different springs to go light?

If I leave the DAO springs ...? Regular? Heavier? Same?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crzteach View Post
    So if I use all the ones in the kit I get a regular LEM?

I would have to order different springs to go light?

If I leave the DAO springs ...? Regular? Heavier? Same?
    Your LEM kit comes with these springs:
    • 1 Light TRS (209266, round coil) and 1 Heavy TRS (219441, square coil)
    • 1 Heavy HS for USP/USPc/HK45 (214695, long spring) and 1 Heavy HS for HK45C (234460, short spring). Note that the shorter spring is for the HK45C only, not USPc.

A factory DAO would have all heavy springs (TRS/FPBS/HS). But a pre-owned DAO could have its factory spring(s) swapped out for lighter versions by previous owner.

First, the TRS. If you use the Heavy TRS and HS springs that come in the LEM kit, you will have a "somewhat" Heavy LEM. It all depends on which FPBS you currently have in your DAO. If you have a Heavy FPBS (as a factory DAO would come with), then you will have a Heavy LEM. If you have the V1 FPBS, then yours will have a bit lighter than Heavy LEM. You'll need to check your FPBS to be sure.

If you use the Light TRS with the Heavy HS from the kit, again, it depends on which FPBS you have.

The next spring is FPBS. A Light LEM uses either a V1 FPBS (214192) or a new-style Light FPBS (209296). You cannot use the new-style Light FBPS because yours is a KG and has the old-style FPB. Old-style FP/FPB uses old-style FPBS. So, you will need the old-style FPBS (aka V1 FPBS). Again, check your FPBS. You might already have the V1 FPBS.

And, finally, the HS. A light LEM uses the V1 HS (214300). A factory DAO would have a Heavy HS, which should be the same as the Heavy HS (214695) that comes in the LEM kit. Yours might have the Heavy HS or some other spring. Need to check that.

If you leave all factory DAO springs, you'll have similar pull weight to a Heavy LEM. I said factory because you could have a DAO that could have been modified with lighter spring(s) if it wasn't purchased new from factory.

What you could do is post a pic of your current TRS, a pic of FPBS, and another of your current HS and the longer, Heavy HS that comes with the LEM kit. That way we can tell what you have and what you will need.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'll break it down and get a photo or two up. Currently trigger weight is about 7#. Thanks in advance for all the help.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Used the larger hammer spring in the kit but left the trigger spring and FPS from the DAO. Kept it with the 5/6 plate. Also used the nickel plated sear spring. So now its LEM with safety with weight of about 3 1/2 # and 8+# on the second pull. I'll get some pix together but I'm pretty happy with it. Don't really need to change TRS but may go for a new firing pin and spring just in case of age.
    Thanks for all the help everyone. A bit harder than working on a CZ but worth it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

As you can see, started with DAO, removed that and old sear spring. Cleaned up inside and replaced internals with new LEM kit but left old TRS and FPS to test before replacing. Also reinstalled 5/6 plate to retain safety. 3 1/2# on LEM now. Very happy with it as you can see finished product below. Thanks for all the help!
    Two part conversion question - probably a stupid question but-img_0631.jpgTwo part conversion question - probably a stupid question but-img_0638.jpgTwo part conversion question - probably a stupid question but-img_0635.jpgTwo part conversion question - probably a stupid question but-img_0642.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Now I just need a good holster!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Looks good, now you need another one for your other empty hand. =)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'll get to work on it. Need to figure best bag for it too.

Still can't believe no one makes a good tactical-style holster at least just for being able to carry at the range. Think I see a marketing opportunity.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links