• 1 Post By chuckster62
  • 1 Post By AutoLode
  • 2 Post By Brobus

Thread: P7 variant sight replacement questions

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default P7 variant sight replacement questions

I'm in the process of buying a P7 and P7M8. I'm reading everything I can find, but I don't have one I can actually look at.

I'd like to put tritium sights on but I read somewhere you can just replace the tririum capsules because of the way HK made them?

That doesn't make sense to me. On my Glocks and Sigs, I just push the old worn sights out and replace the whole apparatus.

Did I misunderstood what I read or was the poster simply wrong.

BTW, new poster, but a long time LEO with issued MP5.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : Sometimes where the gun laws suck, sometimes where they don't.
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

You can have the original sights drilled or have them replaced. I recommend having the originals drilled.

H&K P7 ? Custom installer of Trijicon Night Sights
    Last edited by chuckster62; 09-01-2018 at 03:35 PM.
    bastardsonofelvis likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

P7's are different than Glocks etc the front sights are custom fitted to each gun and are a variant of 6 possible heights matched to each P7

Trijicon can simply remove the white dot which is a plastic insert and replace it with a tritium vile of your color choice this way the factory correct sight height is preserved
    bastardsonofelvis likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AutoLode View Post
    P7's are different than Glocks etc the front sights are custom fitted to each gun and are a variant of 6 possible heights matched to each P7

Trijicon can simply remove the white dot which is a plastic insert and replace it with a tritium vile of your color choice this way the factory correct sight height is preserved
    @AutoLode is correct. Either send your slide off and have the white inserts replaced with Tritium capsules OR leave it the way it is. DO NOT install aftermarket nights sights if you care about accuracy.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Night sights, or an incorrect height original sight for that matter, do not make the pistol inaccurate. It may simply not shoot point of aim for a particular shooter. For instance, the sights may be set up for a center of mass hold but someone who shoots 6 o'clock hold will shoot way low.
    The pistol will shoot groups as well as it always did, just adapt. If you practice with your weapon you know where it hits. My summer time .38 Air Weight shoots four inches low at seven yards and I can hit a quarter size target with it, first shot, four out of five tries. Good luck adjusting the sight on that one.
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkshooterusp View Post
    Night sights, or an incorrect height original sight for that matter, do not make the pistol inaccurate. It may simply not shoot point of aim for a particular shooter. For instance, the sights may be set up for a center of mass hold but someone who shoots 6 o'clock hold will shoot way low.
    The pistol will shoot groups as well as it always did, just adapt. If you practice with your weapon you know where it hits. My summer time .38 Air Weight shoots four inches low at seven yards and I can hit a quarter size target with it, first shot, four out of five tries. Good luck adjusting the sight on that one.
    Yeah there’s something you’re likely to remember when your adrenal glands give you both barrels. *now where is that sarcasm font*
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Sponsored Links