Stamp codes for USP's/MK23
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Condition0

Thread: Stamp codes for USP's/MK23

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Stamp codes for USP's/MK23

Ive read several times about people saying certain codes are more valuable/less valuable. What exactly does these codes mean?

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

They are most likely referencing “date codes” Date codes will be a two letter code, associated with numbers.

A =0 ; B=1 ; C=2 ; D=3 ; E=4 ; F=5 ; G=6 ; H=7 ; I=8 ; K=9

For example; A gun made in 2009 would be marked AK (for 09) or guns produced this year would be BK - 19

The date codes can be found on the slide. I’m not sure about USPs, but I know the Mk23s with date codes KG through KI are more desirable. The ones in the late nineties had a more durable maritime finish.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

IMHO, the collector value of a USP is driven more by very low serial number, frame color (tan and grey), factory slide finish (stainless matte/glossy), and limited/rare availability (i.e., HK authorized anniversary editions and USPs no longer in production like the USP45 compact tactical and the stainless match pistols). And yes, build year can play into all this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Does anyone keep a list of every one of the different variations made and or does anyone have a collection of them. Any pictures of the different ones. I’ve noticed a couple of BI and BH date codes lately that have the HK rolled or stamped in vs the laser. I actually picked one up today. Or years for the JS mark by the HK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by josh_ua92 View Post
    The date codes can be found on the slide. I’m not sure about USPs, but I know the Mk23s with date codes KG through KI are more desirable. The ones in the late nineties had a more durable maritime finish.
    What makes KG through KI more desirable? And ballpark how much price difference are we talking between other models?

I dunno much about the Mk23 -- I stick to NATO calibers. But I have to admit the pistol is sexy as hell; been thinking about adding 45 ACP to the mix again (had a USC for awhile).
    Own: HK91, SR9, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, 2x P8A1, USP9
    Future: Done, until HK comes out with something new & nifty. Might start building an FNH collection.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post

What makes KG through KI more desirable? And ballpark how much price difference are we talking between other models?

I dunno much about the Mk23 -- I stick to NATO calibers. But I have to admit the pistol is sexy as hell; been thinking about adding 45 ACP to the mix again (had a USC for awhile).
    The biggest thing people look for on the Mk23 is the “maritime finish” on the earlier pistols, I’m not sure the specifics of when it was changed but you can tell by looking at the pistols. The ones with the original “maritime finish” are glossy vs the newer finish which appears more matte. Of course serial numbers and date codes will also tell you which is which (if you know what you’re looking for). There are some very informative posts on here in regards to which are more valuable, by some guys they know ALOT more about them than I do. I’ll try and find posts to link to this thread.

And I highly recommend picking one up if you ever get a chance, I bought one new around 2011, it’s still my favorite handgun.
    Last edited by josh_ua92; 03-22-2019 at 02:11 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

@sickness here is some pretty good info to hopefully answer your question...

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handg.../388017?page=1

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Welcome to the site--- date codes are just one factor--- others include the model, limited production, rarity, etc.!!!
    On the Mark 23's, the "Maritime" finish will be 1996- early 2004.

Tony

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thespieler11 View Post
    Ive read several times about people saying certain codes are more valuable/less valuable. What exactly does these codes mean?

Thanks
    If you Google it, there's a lot of information. Whether the roll mark is MARK or Mark, Maritime original finish on the SOCCOM or civilian serial numbers . Not to mention having the correct Eagle case or not. There's tons of info using this sites search function also.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    mmissile likes this.

Sponsored Links