What the hell do I have here?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mmissile

Thread: What the hell do I have here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default What the hell do I have here?

So I have recently got into the HK game buying a 91 , 93 and PTR91 and PTR93 in the last year so here is where it gets crazy my next door neighbor is former ARMY PYOPS Vietnam Officer he got out a Major and wound up working for the RR as a geo surveyor.

Anyway he comes over from time to time just for busting my stones about me being a former MARINE its in good humor of course. So stops on by to see me on something to do with the house and sees me playing with my HK93 in the garage / mancave and says hey you want some old HK stuff I said sure no problem I will take anything for free! So he brings me 3x HK93 mags , 1x Big ass bipod heavy thing and a complete stock set thin hand guard type.

So this stuff he gave me I have never seen before the 3x mags are HK93 type 5.56/223 maybe 20rnd mags with three like ribs going across the mag and one long one on the bottom. Also the bipod I am not sure how to mount this it's big it looks like maybe on the reciever trunnion area? It's weird looking and heavy too the trigger housing looks like a SEF contour one with markings SAFE, SA, FA the butt looks like a MP5 one and thin handguard.

So what the hell do I have junk? I am sorry my camera is broke on my phone I will get pics up as soon as possible.
    Last edited by 31STMEUSOC; 05-13-2019 at 07:38 AM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I'll give a 50-bucks for all of it.
    sickness likes this.
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it.
    You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good.
    Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy.
    Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

"If you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat" Ronald Reagan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can you put up a picture or two? BTW, congrats on having a squared away neighbor.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Post pictures--- sounds like:

1. 20-round (aluminum) or 25-round steel magazines (for a comparison, look here https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-parts...und-clamp.html)
    2. Heavy bipod (Post #5 https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-...ry-bipods.html)
    3. Possibly HK furniture (look for dates/date codes).

Tony
    Last edited by AGG; 05-13-2019 at 12:46 PM.

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Here is a heavy bipod mounted on my HK 91

What the hell do I have here?-hk-91-w-heavy-bipod.jpg
    A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes that's the Bipod he gave me.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What you have is one awesome neighbor you owe at least 1 case of beer and or better yet a bottle of Jack if they drink that flavor, single malt scotch is also in the range of appropriate thank yous when someone gifts you a $500-600 bipod. Your neighbor is pretty squared away and hooked you up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I will do that ! Now these mags they are smooth with 3x lines across with the 4th long one on the bottom I guess ribs? Looks like 20rnd mags never saw them before I am guessing 1960s?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I asked him where he got these he told me Vietnam brought them back in his sea bag with the bayonet that goes with it he is looking for it as we speak. I just finished a M14 stock set and will he finishing up the M14 for my friend and neighbor. Myself plus a few Vets chipped in to get him a presentation case and the rifle as a gift for his service.
    Last edited by 31STMEUSOC; 05-16-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Sponsored Links