Safety Conversion? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Safety Conversion?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Tom View Post
    Is that due to the frame or a part that can't be modified? Can it be modified by a competent 'Smith, or am I just SOL as far as a decocker goes.

Thanks again for all of your help, And the rest of you too. "It ain't easy being green"... If you get that you're a youngster, or a Grandfather like myself. Green and Newb are synonymous here.
    Has nothing to do with the frame or part. It is just the nature of a LEM. There is no decocking if you have a LEM (or you lose that capability when you convert from a DA/SA to LEM). You can have one or the other, but not both.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jt15550 View Post
    These are the 7 parts I shipped him (except new out of a KI USPc).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He's gonna have a tough time locating an old-style, short catch. That hammer is an old hammer and it does not have a notch (to accommodate his LEM catch).

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The project is finished. Parts swap worked perfectly. I now have a " V.1". 'Smith swapped all of the parts JT sent me and works as planned. Safety and de-cocker work like they should, as if straight from the factory. Also had the 'smith install the reduced reset part and spring from Gray Guns. Returning all of my parts out of new 9mm LEM to JT, to convert to LEM model.
    Last edited by Fort Tom; 06-10-2019 at 01:20 AM.
    NRA Life Member
    "Deplorables Life Member"

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think I must have miscommunicated my goals. All I wanted to do was a parts swap to convert my LEM to a V1. JT wanted just the opposite, to convert his V1 to a LEM. Swapped parts and all went well. I now have a functioning safety and de-cocker. And DA/SA, with a tad lighter pull than stock due to the Gray Guns reset reduction kit. Hopefully JT will have a functioning "LEM" when he receives the parts from mine and gets a chance to install them.

FT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links