Newb looking to buy a compact

Thread: Newb looking to buy a compact

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Newb looking to buy a compact

Hi all, I’m in the market for my first HK, and looking for a compact. I thought I wanted a P30sk, but the Vp9sk felt much better in my hand. Hoping to shoot them both before buying. Thanks for the forum, great info here!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

For HK, the compact category would be the USPC or the P2000, the sub compact are the ones you mentioned plus the P2000SK. If you like the ergonomic feel of the grip for the VP9SK/P30SK then it would be a choice of hammer and striker. If you like the traditional grip of the USP the you have the P2000SK. All are good and it will be a matter of personal preference. Rent and shoot them all and see which one you do better with.

I carry the P2000SK but I like the grip of the P30SK but I shoot the P2000SK best, go figure. Good luck and let us know what you got.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Superstar! I’ve only been able to find the sk models in my area. I will look for the other two you suggested as well. I’ve only shot the standard P30 so far, but I really like the feel and ergonomics of the HK handguns. I’m looking forward to joining the owners club.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've sold HK's for my FFL for a handful of years. I have other handgun preferences, but it is difficult to find better ergonomics on a striker-fire than the VP9 and VP9SK. I've shot well over 100 handguns and there is a big stinking mess of better and worse, however. USPCs are exceptional pistols as well.

Don't be afraid to open up a map of Europe and look at the country to the southeast of Germany.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)

Welcome to the site--- let us know what you acquire!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey Tony, I’m in north AL. Are you in the area?

Sponsored Links