Hi folks, first HK91, actually JLD PTR91....

Thread: Hi folks, first HK91, actually JLD PTR91....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Hi folks, first HK91, actually JLD PTR91....

So hello guys. First I got a FAL, then I just had to have a 91 of course, lol. And of course I’ve got questions...

My A425x came with two mags. Obviously I need more. Too bad they’re not still $1 anymore, right? Can you guys steer me where to get em? Numrich, RTG, Lee’s all say they’ve “got the best, better than the other guy”. PM me if it’s against the rules to endorse in the thread.

Next, it came dirty, and the gap is .012”, but the carrier looks almost new. Rheinmetal carrier, P 6/04 bolt. The locking piece has the tiniest little dents. I suppose I should get some?

It came with 3 pin hole surplus stock, are those wooden ones on Numrich pretty good?

Finally, it has a carry handle! Woohoo! Didn’t show in the one photo in ad, t appears to be mounted to right side, not the left. Does not balance carrying worth a crap. So either I switch the wire handle orientation, or just put it in the patrs box.

I think I did alright on this purchase. GB ad made no mention of JLD or handle. I’ll find out if it’s 10 or 12 flute at some point.

Anyway, hi guys!
    Last edited by rurallife; 08-29-2019 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Additional information

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So here’s the ad pic I bought from. Yeah, leap of faith Hi folks, first HK91, actually JLD PTR91....-1468c818-073f-45c7-a6d5-f0997eaeb978.jpeg

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

That is prolly a very good gun. The wooden fondle-bits are easy to use and really warm up the human-gun interface.

For magazines, what you find price-wise, will be pretty much the same. I'd go the the alloy ones, the steel ones beat up the mag well. In over 40 years of shooting G3's, I've never had an alloy mag quit.

Springfield trigger & a #17 locking piece highly recommended.

DG
    I fix the radar you'all try to stay under...

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks DG!
    I’m somewhat surprised at the trigger, the hammer looks highly polished. ??? Are they supposed to be like that? I swear it’s a 5 to 7lb pull. I’ve got a USP40 and a PCR, and the double action on those two is much harder.
    Last edited by rurallife; 08-30-2019 at 02:19 AM.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)

Welcome to the site, and congratulations on the acquisition!!!
    With that serial number, that will be a J.L.D. Enterprises, Inc./Farmington, CT./USA, with either a 12-flute barrel (original HK91 specifications), or Wilson 10-flute barrel, and original HK German (e.g., Rhinemetall bolt carrier, HK bolt head, HK stock) and/or licensed parts (e.g., EBO bolt carrier, POF bolt head, FMP stock).

Tony

Sponsored Links