Building advice

Thread: Building advice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Building advice

Hi there, I am new to this forum and was looking to find where building tips and information is located? I have an mp5RS kit I snagged from RTG on black friday that I am finally looking around to get building. Also if anyone knows of any good videos on building MP5s any suggestions would be appreciated. I have built a dozen AKs and figured it was time to step into the HK world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

AK's are fun to build, but a completely different beast.

How are your welding skills?

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If you don’t tig weld... have a friend or someone who can do it. Press and
    gap barrel and pin that... fold the flat and report back.
    Back.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

While there are a number of builders on this site building is not really a focus here. You might try signing up on a more building specific site like Weaponsguild. Youll find build tutorials and get build specific advice. This forum is great for advice, history, and everything HK but building is just not a major focus here.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gulfstategaurd View Post
    While there are a number of builders on this site building is not really a focus here. You might try signing up on a more building specific site like Weaponsguild. Youll find build tutorials and get build specific advice. This forum is great for advice, history, and everything HK but building is just not a major focus here.
    Seemed there was more information on building about 10 years ago around here.. and WeaponsGuild
    Is pretty cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've built a few HK type guns, they're not the prettiest but they work. They certainly are fun to build (as are most guns, if thats your thing).

My first half-G3, half-CETME build was done completely with a stick welder :D , ugly duckling but shoots great. About 400 rounds so far, nothings moved...knock on wood.

My advice, is that if you can't TIG (well) , to find a local community college and take some classes. I didn't, mostly because a CETME kit was $79 and I'm a function > form kinda guy, but if I had a $1200+ plus parts kit to build....I'd want it to look good.

The barrel setting & headspacing, pinning etc is pretty comparable to AK work.

I'd agree with the guy above me.....WeaponsGuild has some very detailed HK building information.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)

Welcome to the site--- keep us updated!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah they seem completely different. I have done plenty of mig but only a little tig. I am still in college and am taking my school's tig class next semester solely so I can build this and a modular silencer to run on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NorincoKid View Post
    I've built a few HK type guns, they're not the prettiest but they work. They certainly are fun to build (as are most guns, if thats your thing).

My first half-G3, half-CETME build was done completely with a stick welder :D , ugly duckling but shoots great. About 400 rounds so far, nothings moved...knock on wood.

My advice, is that if you can't TIG (well) , to find a local community college and take some classes. I didn't, mostly because a CETME kit was $79 and I'm a function > form kinda guy, but if I had a $1200+ plus parts kit to build....I'd want it to look good.

The barrel setting & headspacing, pinning etc is pretty comparable to AK work.

I'd agree with the guy above me.....WeaponsGuild has some very detailed HK building information.
    I will be taking a class specifically on tig this next semeser. I will also check out weaponsguild. Thanks for the advice!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Welcome to the site.
    HK - No Compromise

Sponsored Links