bent my first flat

Thread: bent my first flat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default bent my first flat

Ok , I have to admit I have never been an HK fan . I had an HK91 back in the 80's. I never warmed up to it. Anyhow fast forward 30 years and last year I got my son a century cetme..... he just had to have it. Then a buddy gave me a box of cetme and G3 'stuff' he no longer had use for. Well it had almost everything to build a G3/cetme. In the box was a flat , with jigs. I bent it per instructions and tack welded it where needed. Looks good. I chose a front half of what I now find out is G3.The bore is super , the outside finish is layered beat up black paint... it's got character. Anyow I got the cock tube free of the cut receiver as well as barrel & trunnion. They fit in the flat I bent nicely. Then I found out the two BCG's in the box were cetme and not compatible with the G3. OK found a guy with a near new G3 BCG for $115 and it's on it's way. Found a near new green buttstock assy at knob creek last weekend. Now here's my current issue while waiting for parts : the cock tube never had a boss mounted on it for a handguard. It appears to have had - my assumption now a bipod mounted on the barrel directly behind front sight. What few pics I found make it look like an early G3 with a later type flash hider. There is no taper to the cock tube where a boss usually is. So if this is an early pattern front end.... where do I find the right handguard and how to mount it properly. I also need the weldments for triggerguard mod and push pins and mag release bits.... have a lot of cetme parts but I'm leaning to make this all "german". Any help for my new adventure most appreciated. This is actually turning out to be more fun than building a leggo block AR or a real labor intensive FAL build. Also if I may I really loathe cetme and G3 rear sights... is there anything different out there that has a better sight picture. I looked at some HK21's at the knob and kinda liked those rear sights... but sure didn't want to know what they cost ( seems anything HK21 is high $$$ ).

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Welcome to the site--- pictures of the build, and a range report, when available!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

gew98,

There is a lot of good information on this site; however, it is not really here to support the home builder. Head on over to "weapons guild.com" and have a look in the "Builders bench" under the "CETME/HK" header. you will find all the information you need to complete your build.

G57

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Green57 View Post
    gew98,

There is a lot of good information on this site; however, it is not really here to support the home builder. Head on over to "weapons guild.com" and have a look in the "Builders bench" under the "CETME/HK" header. you will find all the information you need to complete your build.

G57
    So nobody can answer regarding early G3 features/variations ?. I assume then this is only a "HK factory or nothing fanboy crowd ?.
    Oh well was worth the try , gues sI gotta go elsewhere. Thanks.

Sponsored Links