SP5K manufacturer number puzzle
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: SP5K manufacturer number puzzle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default SP5K manufacturer number puzzle

I am looking to purchase an HK SP5K but notice that there appear to be two different manufacturer numbers available in the store I am looking at .. one Mfg Item is: M750900A5 and the other #: 750900A5. (same number but with the letter M missing) Does anyone know what the prefix M means?.. I cannot see any difference in the specs but who knows. I asked the vendor but he didn't know and I tried calling a couple of others but no luck. Any assistance in this would be much appreciated.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Welcome to the site!!!
    M750900-A5 (2 30-round magazines); 750900-A5 (2 10-round magazines).

Tony
    GuntherRommel likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you very much Tony.. Very excited to be owning an MP5 variant

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stewarta View Post
    Thank you very much Tony.. Very excited to be owning an MP5 variant
    Any time--- congratulations on the acquisition!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So what’s the scoop on the new variants with paddles and longer barrels coming out for Christmas?..... That would be sucky timing on my part :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

So what’s the scoop on the new variants with paddles and longer barrels coming out for Christmas?..... That would be sucky timing on my part :)

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-talk/...tmas-sp5s.html

Welcome out from under that rock! Bright days ahead.
    Brad4065 likes this.
    ”What do you want to discuss now, my favorite color?”–Col. Nathan R. Jessup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So I was wondering what you more experienced folks think about my quandary..

I had set up a special order and paid for it just prior to seeing the news about the possibility of an sp5 with a paddle release and conventional barrel.. This of course would be optimal but it’s still a rumor.

I could stick with my original order which is where I am currently at, or cancel, pay the restock fee and special order the sp5 based on a rumor but, if the rumor is unfounded or the wait unpredictable, I would be stuck with neither.

Whatcha think? My inclination is to be happy with what I have already ordered and install a paddle and an m-loc hand-guard and a brace when it arrives. I don’t realistically ever see me suppressing the weapon so the barrel is a moot point.

Would welcome your opinions.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If I was in your shoes, I would keep the order since you do not plan on suppressing it, I think the flush barrel looks very nice, what do you plan on adapting to the m lok rail when you get it? Also when you can, buy you the SP5 it is definitely not a rumor as it has been confirmed by many here on the forum, it is happening for sure.
    stewarta likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

So I was wondering what you more experienced folks think about my quandary..

I just ordered an SP5. Not a rumor at all, but there is limited allocation by HK. I'd keep your SP5k order in. I have one, and its a great little gun. On the K model, I prefer the look of the flush barrel (like the original MP5k).
    Just start saving up for picking up an SP5 later in the new year when they are more generally available.

I don't think your timing was bad at all. Perfect time to get an SP5k in fact because the SP5k just got moved by HK to "Limited release" status, so finding a K variant in the future may be difficult.
    stewarta likes this.
    Own: HK91, SR9, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, 2x P8A1, USP9, USP9 FDE
    Future: SP5 inbound

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for your input. I kept the order for the SP5K and bought SB tactical SBT5KA

I also ordered a handguard from Dan Haga Designs to get rid of the can on the front.

Weapon should be here within the next few weeks. So short of a paddle mag release I am happy. I read that paddle release installation might have got a little more complicated in the latest iteration so will see what that means, who can do it and how much it will cost over the next few months.

Thanks for the good advice guys. .. Now... any thoughts on a red dot.. yes or no and if yes what brands and models ... Thinking Aimpoint .. maybe microT2 or a trijicon RMR type 2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links