Back in the world of HK after a long absence
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Back in the world of HK after a long absence

JRB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Back in the world of HK after a long absence

Hello everyone - I'm an HK addict from New Mexico that has been a proud owner of a stainless USP45 V1 since 2002 or so, with dreams of acquiring more HK's.
    After many diversions into other firearms and other hobbies, I've tripled the number of HK's I own in the past year, adding an HK45C LEM and a USP40 V1 to my collection.

My first visits to HKpro were in the ~2000-2002 timeframe, when it was a grey-background info site that had the best info on HK's, and I dreamed of owning an HK21E or MP5SD2 someday. Eventually, my video gaming interests at the time would lead me to bring game developers to HKpro, which got the FJ Vollmer 'HK51-B' added to a Half-Life mod called 'Firearms Mod'.
    The HKpro forum launched not long after that, and I registered at that time but that old Hotmail address is long dead and so, it appears, is my old account information. Honestly I would have been astonished if it was still in the member database almost 20 years later! I don't even recall what my screen name was.

Anyway, I ended up back here thanks to the many informational threads on the various 10mm conversions available for the USP40, and I figured I'd join back up to participate in the conversation.

I'm on the fence between getting a VP9, P30, or hunting down the USP9C I always wanted, and of course I'm dreaming I'll have the budget some day for an MR762. It's good to be back in HK's!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Welcome back!
    HK - No Compromise

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Nice journey. Welcome back!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Whoa--- welcome back!!!
    Of your choices, get the USP9c.

Tony

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/845992772

From The Tactical Store and is currently $204

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/844372107

Palmetto has six of them but they are $879 - not cheap by any means

aaaannnnndddd

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/844991965

just to throw a curve out here, here is one full sized from THEATTIC that has a MATCH for a mere $5024
    JRB likes this.
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome Back!

I agree with Tony hunt down a USP9c. I recently acquired one and love it.

JRB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by wallew View Post
    From The Tactical Store and is currently $204

Palmetto has six of them but they are $879 - not cheap by any means

just to throw a curve out here, here is one full sized from THEATTIC that has a MATCH for a mere $5024
    You sure do know how to tempt someone! As good as that USP9 Match would look next to my stainless USP45, $5k is MR762 and then some territory!
    I can feel my credit cards twitching in my wallet right now as I'm thinking about it - I guess that's normal for HK enthusiasts, right? LOL

I've been keeping a sharp eye on Gunbroker, I was really excited to score the USP40 for a criminally low price, but it seems that all other USP's have retained quite a bit of value, especially the compact models!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I guess I'm the only one going against the grain here, but I'd go for the P30, variant 3. It's a really great all around gun, fantastic to carry. I'm not a collector in the traditional sense, but don't think it will be losing it's value. I don't have a USPc, but have a full sized USP (which is the first gun I literally ever purchased, and its got a special place in my heart).

JRB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chestercppt View Post
    I guess I'm the only one going against the grain here, but I'd go for the P30, variant 3. It's a really great all around gun, fantastic to carry. I'm not a collector in the traditional sense, but don't think it will be losing it's value. I don't have a USPc, but have a full sized USP (which is the first gun I literally ever purchased, and its got a special place in my heart).
    I have a feeling the HK45C will become my dedicated carry gun, hence the LEM trigger. my previous two daily carry choices are well vetted and good guns, but they're just not HK's.
    With JMCK having announced the return of a lot of HK options to their holster lineup, including the HK45C, that makes it a much more appealing carry choice.
    I can make my issued M9 Beretta simply disappear in one of JM's Wing Claw 2.5 AWIB holsters - and an HK45C will carry like it's not even there in comparison to that big ass pasta blaster. :)

The P30 has been an enduring choice, though - which specific model do you have, and what holster do you use? I am definitely a fan of the V3 configuration for traditional DA/SA.

I agree, P30's don't seem to lose value at all. I just haven't shot one yet so I'm not quite sure if I'll take to the 'batman' grips.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I have a feeling the HK45C will become my dedicated carry gun, hence the LEM trigger. my previous two daily carry choices are well vetted and good guns, but they're just not HK's.
    With JMCK having announced the return of a lot of HK options to their holster lineup, including the HK45C, that makes it a much more appealing carry choice.
    I can make my issued M9 Beretta simply disappear in one of JM's Wing Claw 2.5 AWIB holsters - and an HK45C will carry like it's not even there in comparison to that big ass pasta blaster. :)

The P30 has been an enduring choice, though - which specific model do you have, and what holster do you use? I am definitely a fan of the V3 configuration for traditional DA/SA.

I agree, P30's don't seem to lose value at all. I just haven't shot one yet so I'm not quite sure if I'll take to the 'batman' grips.
    Totally understand! You're clearly not going to go wrong with the HK45c, many, including special missions units, use it. I have the classic P30 9mm (also have a P30L, because I "needed" it), and use a Comptac CTAC IWB. It has been in a lot of extreme temperatures (hot and cold) and put up with a lot of abuse, still no breakage. On the P30 grips, I think they are awesome. It melts into my hand, and is the envy of several friends who claim the same.

One comment from my personal preferences; yes, it takes more practice to get used to the longer first pull on the DA/SA. I don't mind it (I also don't mind the consistent pull on striker-fired weapons). I have moved away from carrying anything with a safety on it, because no matter how much I practice I screw up taking the safety off when I draw and fire. So I just did away with it all together.

To the original poster, I have fired a VP9 a lot, though don't own one. It is awesome too, I just wanted other "things" more than that. I'm sure I will eventually get one, due to the fact that I have a disease that can only be treated with the acquisition of more products that contain steel and polymer, and because "need" is a highly relative term. It will ruin me.

Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links