What do I have? Hk P7 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: What do I have? Hk P7

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What you have there is a P7 or P7PSP depending on who you talk to it could be highly debated.
    If they indeed told you it was a P7M8 then they either lied to you, or just are not educated enough on the pistol so unknowingly gave you false information. The biggest difference between the two would be the magazine release, yours has it on the butt of the gun whereas the M8 would have it right above the squeezecocker by the trigger guard.
    Yours has the more desirable flush magazine release which is a nice bonus, I would say you still came out on top for sure and would have to agree with you that they do shoot like a dream as I have the same one as you just with the blued finish instead.
    Congratulations and enjoy, I'm not the most educated on this pistol myself but I have learned a lot since I joined HKpro, bunch of knowledgeable nice people here my friend welcome!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : Sometimes where the gun laws suck, sometimes where they don't.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Fords could could fix that horrible refinish job. Since you paid very little for it, it deserves some love. Be prepared to wait 3-4 months to get it back.
    https://fordsguns.com/blue#&gid=1635170551&pid=14

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster62 View Post
    Fords could could fix that horrible refinish job. Since you paid very little for it, it deserves some love. Be prepared to wait 3-4 months to get it back.
    https://fordsguns.com/blue#&gid=1635170551&pid=14
    I was thinking the same thing, for $700 that leaves a lot of room to get it refinished and looking proper.
    Own: HK91, SR9, PSG1 clone, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, 2x P8A1, USP9, USP9 FDE
    Future: SP5 inbound

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I do like those finishes. I like a few of them however not sure which one looks the best/retains value better. I dont think I would ever sell it but as posters said if I refinish it what would a percieved value range be?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

What you have sold for $700 about 8 years ago. That was when dealers were still getting batches of police trade-ins. What I like about yours is that it is a later model that has the backstrap that was meant for that mag-release, some of the earlier ones that originally had the protruding mag-release had the flush model added afterwards. If you have a finicky eye you'd be able to tell that it didn't seem to belong.

You did very well on that deal!

I'd spend the savings on having James @Marine0303 look it over to make sure everything is to spec, then take your time deciding what finish you want to get. Here's some research material to get you started:
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handg...es-thread.html

ETA: James is the guy who teaches other armorers how to work on the P7 (among others)
    http://www.teufelshundtactical.com
    Last edited by fatmat27; 01-19-2020 at 02:05 AM.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbybushay33 View Post
    I bought this and the seller said I got a hell of a deal on the best handgun ever made. I was like sure I probably got ripped off. After hours of trying to research this pistol. I have not found another like it for sale nor codes that make sense to what I have.
    Information: Slide left size says "Oberndorf/N made in west germany" right side 75xxx 10/87 DE" any insight would be amazing. Thank you for your time.
    Welcome to the site--- nice acquisition--- the serial number appears to be 75938, which should be 11/87!!!
    Please confirm (by PM, if you want):

1. Serial number
    2. Right slide markings (for example, "P7/BWB 318/Nds/DE"?)
    3. Date
    4. Importer
    5. Exact box label markings (for example, "P7PSP 9MM GRADE A W/EURO"?)

Tony
    Last edited by AGG; 01-19-2020 at 02:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is my white whale. Want one bad.

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

If you're going to use that for anything more than a range toy you'd be a fool not to send it to James so that he can make sure it's in good working order. Parts are no longer made and drying up so it would benefit you a great deal for James to replace things that are out of spec now before they break later.

Also, that's a beauty pistol that right now looks like butt. Do us all a favor and send it to Ford's, then post up pics after.
    Marine0303 likes this.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For $700 i'd snatch two of them up. I saw one in a Memphis gun shop years ago and didn't buy it, have regretted since.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

super nice shooter. I just had James (marine) clean and refurbish mine, I would highly recommend his service to make sure everything's in spec. Watch for extractor loss they are super hard to find.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links