New member from Western-Europe - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: New member from Western-Europe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Congrats on the healthy baby girl!
    Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading. Thomas Jefferson
    If you do not read a newspaper you are uninformed. If you do read a newspaper you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Euro-Guns,

Welcome to the forum. You have embarked on the Red & Black road. It's a long journey and along the way your will empty you wallet. But you end up with a nice collection of HK firearms.

And with that in mind, not sure of your age (not my business) but patience and living a long healthy happy life means that you have the time to expand your collection to your liking in the coming decades. The laws change (recently not for the better) and time has a tendency to level the playing field, if you know what I mean.

Again, welcome to the HK Enablers forum.
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wallew View Post
    Euro-Guns,

Welcome to the forum. You have embarked on the Red & Black road. It's a long journey and along the way your will empty you wallet. But you end up with a nice collection of HK firearms.

And with that in mind, not sure of your age (not my business) but patience and living a long healthy happy life means that you have the time to expand your collection to your liking in the coming decades. The laws change (recently not for the better) and time has a tendency to level the playing field, if you know what I mean.

Again, welcome to the HK Enablers forum.
    Thanks for the welcome wallew! It's been only a short while since my introduction to that road, but I must admit, it seems even more contagious than the Coronavirus. It's probably a good thing that the only kid(s) I have is my 3 kg baby girl of German descent, because I can completely see how someone would sell off their kids, just to free up enough funds to buy another H&K.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn View Post
    Thank you Merlyn! I feel like a really proud dad, wanting to show off his beautiful baby girl to everyone, but I have the suspicion that not everyone would appreciate having a shiny new HK416C shoved in their face, even if there are no mags in the mag well or any rounds in the chamber.... The only downside is a fear of getting scratches on it, and thus turning into a safe Queen. Does anyone here have any advice on how to cope with that, some kind of exposure therapy maybe? Btw, when I do gather the time and courage to go to the range, I'll be sure to take some pictures of her and share them here. After all she looks pretty different from the US-made version in several different places, and so far I haven't seen any pictures yet of the same type of rifle as mine.

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Consider any scratches or scrapes like ink.

EVERY TATTOO means something to it's owner. They know WHEN AND WHERE THEY GOT IT. They can tell you exactly what it means.

Just think of it in the 'inevitability' of said 'character marks' as it were.
    Brad4065 likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Welcome to the forum Euro-Guns. I live in France and I got my MP5 in Belgium. I had to drive up and pick it up in person because Belgian law did not allow them to ship it out of the country to an individual. It was a long trip, but I'm glad I made it.
    If "Dirty Harry" had been made in 1996:
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fire twelve shots or only eleven?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a HK MARK 23, the only offensive handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

EVERY TATTOO means something to it's owner. They know WHEN AND WHERE THEY GOT IT. They can tell you exactly what it means.

That's one way to look at it, any scratches it may end up with also give it character. It would probably be easier on me if were my service weapon or hunting rifle, at least then I could tell myself that any scratches happened "in the line of duty". It's going to be a bit hard to tell myself that if it happened at the range. Ow well, as long as I'm not too clumsy I'm sure my rifle will be fine. And apparently any minor touch-ups can be done with a black permanent marker (in the case of a black anodization).

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Welcome to the forum Euro-Guns. I live in France and I got my MP5 in Belgium. I had to drive up and pick it up in person because Belgian law did not allow them to ship it out of the country to an individual. It was a long trip, but I'm glad I made it.
    Thanks Callahan! Did you get your MP5 in Belgium because of the French law on military calibers? I know France, like Italy and several others is one of the countries where military calibers are not allowed for civilians, or is it possible in rare cases? It can be pretty difficult navigating through all the different gun laws in the EU/Europe, though the European Firearms pass did make it a bit easier to travel throughout the Shengen zone/EU.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Euro-Guns View Post
    Thanks Callahan! Did you get your MP5 in Belgium because of the French law on military calibers? I know France, like Italy and several others is one of the countries where military calibers are not allowed for civilians, or is it possible in rare cases? It can be pretty difficult navigating through all the different gun laws in the EU/Europe, though the European Firearms pass did make it a bit easier to travel throughout the Shengen zone/EU.
    No, we don't have any restrictions on military calibers in France. It is (was) very rare to find a genuine HK MP5 for sale in France. Up until about 2 years ago, France allowed civilians to own formerly full auto guns that had been transformed to semi-auto only. A fellow sport shooter in France had found a gun shop in Belgium that had taken in some police trade-in HK MP5s and passed the info on to me. Following the changes to European law, guns that were originally full auto can no longer be bought or sold by civilians in France. Supposedly I will be able to keep mine (I'll find out when I have to renew my gun permit - they have to be renewed every 5 years), but I can't resell it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes, that bloody European Firearms directive, it ruined so much for legal gun owners throughout the EU. Belgium still hasn't adopted the 2017 Europeans Firearms directive into domestic law, so we're still exempt from all its stupid changes. Such as the one regarding formerly full-auto guns, and regarding magazine capacity. But there's still a lot of uncertainty to what it really means, like if it has grandfather clauses for things you already legally owned before the new law came into effect. Otherwise a lot of people will have to throw away their magazines, simply because they have too large a capacity. Even I don't really know how it will affect me, I'll still be allowed to own the guns I already have, but I don't know whether that would also hold true for the magazines that belong to my rifles, seeing as a bunch of them are 30 round magazines.

Regarding the military calibres, any idea where I might have gotten that from? If I remember correctly the French gun law uses categories, with semi-automatic rifles & shotguns being in a different category than a single-shot rifle/shotgun. In that case, military calibres were in a different category or something?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Great analogy!!!!!! I like where you went with that, and thanks for that^^^^^^^^

Cheers!!!!!
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links