Cut Buffer Question
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Cut Buffer Question

  1. #1
    Senior Member

    Join Date : May 2009
    Location : Atlanta, GA
    Posts : 111
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Cut Buffer Question

    I have two spare buffers for my HK 21. One of them has been ground down for some reason. I used to not care, but now I am curious why the previous owner did this. Anyone have any insight? It seems to have rendered it useless for my 21.
    Thanks for any info.
    Cut Buffer Question-21-buffers.jpg

  2. #2
    Desperately Needs Treatment

    Join Date : Dec 2008
    Posts : 1,066
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Cut one came from a Vollmer conversion. You need to replace the buffer bolt/nose piece Do not use that in a E gun. That was Fred's way of not properly setting up 21's in the 90s

  3. #3
    Senior Member

    Join Date : May 2009
    Location : Atlanta, GA
    Posts : 111
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    My 21 is unfortunately not an E gun.
    I dont think I will be using it all.
    I might try to find the right parts and replace them.
    Thanks MOAxp

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Desperately Needs Treatment

    Join Date : Dec 2008
    Posts : 1,066
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    here is the required part ... Heckler and Koch HK21E / HK11E Bolt Buffer

    However uncut buffers are in the 100-150 range

    Given the cost ... you make the call...

  6. #5
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    SudS's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2001
    Location : Northern, VA
    Posts : 8,082
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOAxp View Post
    Cut one came from a Vollmer conversion. You need to replace the buffer bolt/nose piece Do not use that in a E gun. That was Fred's way of not properly setting up 21's in the 90s
    You didn't mention the part about moving the cocking notch so he could use the unaltered buffer in a Vollmer 21. Or he could use the cut buffer and beat the gun to death (internal rail dimples).

  7. #6
    Desperately Needs Treatment

    Join Date : Dec 2008
    Posts : 1,066
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    You didn't mention the part about moving the cocking notch so he could use the unaltered buffer in a Vollmer 21. Or he could use the cut buffer and beat the gun to death (internal rail dimples).
    True - tried to keep it simple :-) I chose on my Vollmer 21 to go back to the original 21 buffer and rebuild the chop saw cut E buffer for the E series.

  8. #7
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    SudS's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2001
    Location : Northern, VA
    Posts : 8,082
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOAxp View Post
    True - tried to keep it simple :-) I chose on my Vollmer 21 to go back to the original 21 buffer and rebuild the chop saw cut E buffer for the E series.
    How does it handle with the original buffer in comparison to the Vollmer chop?

  9. #8
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    21HK's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2010
    Posts : 1,171
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOAxp View Post
    True - tried to keep it simple :-) I chose on my Vollmer 21 to go back to the original 21 buffer and rebuild the chop saw cut E buffer for the E series.
    What stock do you have on your 21? Will the shorter 21 buffer work with the E stock?

  10. #9
    Desperately Needs Treatment

    Join Date : Dec 2008
    Posts : 1,066
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Ed- Will try and snap pics. Running an original 21 buffer not the chopped 21e. I don't think one should run the stubby versions in the E series. Reduced function/ duration of contact

  11. #10
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    21HK's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2010
    Posts : 1,171
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOAxp View Post
    Ed- Will try and snap pics. Running an original 21 buffer not the chopped 21e. I don't think one should run the stubby versions in the E series. Reduced function/ duration of contact
    Right, were both talking about the original 21 buffer. That was the reason for asking what stock you were using and if it would work, I wouldn't recommend it either, but like SudS asked, I'm curious also on how it compares to the cut buffer.
    Last edited by 21HK; 10-13-2016 at 02:01 PM. Reason: typo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •