A Letter to Heckler & Koch. Please post if you agree. - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: A Letter to Heckler & Koch. Please post if you agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree!

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AK View Post
    Dear Heckler & Koch,

Thank you for finally bringing us the superb SP5K. It is an excellent package and has been very well received. Now please consider importing the fullsize version in pistol format - The SP5. The political climate looks promising and time is of the essence. Please fill in this void for your loyal and faithful HK Shooters and Collectors. The fullsize pistol version of the MP5 would be and will be your best import yet. In honor of the MP5's 50th Anniversary, please continue the legacy.

Sincerely,

AK
    Agreed, 100%! I would be in for two!

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fargo007 View Post

HK-USA seems to be the last to know what HK GmbH is doing, and they learn from us, here, not from Germany.
    I feel extremely confident in saying this is not true.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Klaustrophobia View Post
    I feel extremely confident in saying this is not true.
    Confident as in you hope and 'feel,' or confident as in you have evidence to show otherwise?

Can you point to any new product announcements?

Let's look most recently at how we learned about the SP5K for instance.

It started with German brochures showing EU civilian offerings of that, and other guns we still aren't offered.

Followed by shot/other show photos. Some of them taken in absolute secrecy.

HKPRO was like "WTF?"

Then there were very gradual and trickle-like leaks.

It took us two months arguing about what the actual config (shelf/paddle/pinhole/barrel/blocking-bar would be.

A prototype model was originally shown. Then another with substantially different configuration.

The entire time, we have no statement from HK GmbH, or HK-USA.

I'm most obviously a fan of HK's products, but honestly It's foolish to pretend there isn't a humorous information gap here.

If I've missed it, please show me where HK-USA was " in the know " before any of this, and had forestalled all the speculation.

Of course it could be that they were in the know, but were prohibited from communicating with us.

Circling back again to my original point.
    Last edited by fargo007; 11-30-2016 at 02:39 AM.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Not making public disclosures and not knowing are two VERY different things. Do I have any absolute evidence that they are told things by headquarters? Of course not. But to ironically add to the snippet pile you are talking about, they did drop a hint or two at HK day that wasn't stuff that has already been through the rumor mill. We've already seen one of them realized in the factory pinky extension for the P30sk. Industry secrets are a thing, and HK can keep whatever they choose under wraps for any reason they want, whether it makes sense to us or not. But it's absolute lunacy to suggest that American armchair internet detectives know HK GmbH's moves before HK-USA does. And then go one step further and say HK-USA learns these things by reading them here on this forum. You even talk about one of the 'leaks' being SHOT show. How exactly is it HK-USA is presenting new things while simultaneously not knowing about them?

And because I'm honestly not sure what you meant is the same as how it sounds, I'm not refuting that HK-USA keeps a lid on it. I'm saying there's no way that it's because Oberndorf is keeping them in the dark, and a crate full of SP5Ks just happened to show up one day.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Klaustrophobia View Post
    Not making public disclosures and not knowing are two VERY different things. Do I have any absolute evidence that they are told things by headquarters? Of course not. But to ironically add to the snippet pile you are talking about, they did drop a hint or two at HK day that wasn't stuff that has already been through the rumor mill. We've already seen one of them realized in the factory pinky extension for the P30sk. Industry secrets are a thing, and HK can keep whatever they choose under wraps for any reason they want, whether it makes sense to us or not. But it's absolute lunacy to suggest that American armchair internet detectives know HK GmbH's moves before HK-USA does. And then go one step further and say HK-USA learns these things by reading them here on this forum. You even talk about one of the 'leaks' being SHOT show. How exactly is it HK-USA is presenting new things while simultaneously not knowing about them?

And because I'm honestly not sure what you meant is the same as how it sounds, I'm not refuting that HK-USA keeps a lid on it. I'm saying there's no way that it's because Oberndorf is keeping them in the dark, and a crate full of SP5Ks just happened to show up one day.
    I'd love to agree....

Of course you have no evidence to show that HK-USA knows everything that HK GmbH is doing. It was rhetorical to ask.

It was some other show IIRC, and the issue wasn't whether the gun was being introduced at that time, it was about what the semi-auto neutering specifics were. A remarkably easy question to answer, unless they were in the dark and had no idea.

The eventual, and ultimately accurate answers came from HK-USA shortly after, right?

Wrong. hk21man and Marine0303.

I can dig up the threads that discuss it if you wish, but the facts are that numerous people called HK-USA about that gun and were confronted with deer in the headlights people who had no information about it at all.

It's warm to assume they do, but the history of HK detaching itself from its customers, as well as their glaringly unique and ongoing refusal to communicate in any directly interactive way with their customer base clearly shows that the same corporate culture otherwise.

This is the principal issue for which there's no credible defense: HK GmbH is still proceeding as if it's 1980 and the internet hasn't been invented yet.

Except they don't make the roller lock guns other than the MP5 anymore. So only the bad parts of 1980.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chefsache View Post
    They should pre-sell these pistols to ensure a business case. I'm sure there are enough buyers to successfully produce a civilian run.
    I'm sure they could pre-sell what ever realistic amount they set.

Quote Originally Posted by fargo007 View Post
    It started with German brochures showing EU civilian offerings of that, and other guns we still aren't offered.
    Out of curiosity is there a link to those civilian EU offerings that aren't offered here?

I love HK handguns but you are absolutely correct when it comes to HK rifles, carbines and all the "scary" types of guns. HK seems to be more approachable when it comes to their handguns but silent when it comes to the other stuff.
    Last edited by FrED650; 12-02-2016 at 05:16 AM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

I'm all for all of it but I sure hope everyone buys the crap out of it all or they will never listen to us again
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FrED650 View Post
    I'm sure they could pre-sell what ever realistic amount they set.

Out of curiosity is there a link to those civilian EU offerings that aren't offered here?

I love HK handguns but you are absolutely correct when it comes to HK rifles, carbines and all the "scary" types of guns. HK seems to be more approachable when it comes to their handguns but silent when it comes to the other stuff.
    Happy to provide that.

Exclusive: H&K Semi-Automatic HK SP5k (MP5K) and HK SC5SD (MP5SD) - The Firearm Blog

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

On the money ...
    Now we need the hk94 to come back ....

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links