$34K+ HK G3 3/62 Golden State on Gun Broker - Why so Expensive? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: $34K+ HK G3 3/62 Golden State on Gun Broker - Why so Expensive?

  1. #21
    Senior Member

    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Location : Lake Havasu City, Arizona
    Posts : 122
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    I have seen them sell in the last couple of years for as low as 6500 at the sar show two years ago, and seen them sit on gunbroker for 6-8 months for 9500.

  2. #22
    Senior Member

    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 151
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by x50plt View Post
    I have seen them sell in the last couple of years for as low as 6500 at the sar show two years ago, and seen them sit on gunbroker for 6-8 months for 9500.
    This topic comes up about once a year on this forum and other popular forums. Don't take my word for it, just do a search. It nearly always results in pages of bruised egos which go nowhere. So while as well intentioned as you might be? These claims are inaccurate and you most likely are confusing the 3/62 GSAC imports with later offerings.

  3. #23
    Senior Member

    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Location : Lake Havasu City, Arizona
    Posts : 122
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samsara View Post
    This topic comes up about once a year on this forum and other popular forums. Don't take my word for it, just do a search. It nearly always results in pages of bruised egos which go nowhere. So while as well intentioned as you might be? These claims are inaccurate and you most likely are confusing the 3/62 GSAC imports with later offerings.
    You may be right, all I knew is they they were Golden state push pin receivers.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Conelrad's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Location : AZ Desert
    Posts : 854
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Samsara, there are small detail differences amongst the early HK Santa Fe imports.

    If you're interested, there are several image databases on this site showing the various models and their differences.

    Indeed, they all have the swingdown pushpin hole, but only the earliest run actually used that location to hold a pin.

    The later runs kept the hole, but they welded a block in to preclude the use of a select-fire trigger housing.

    The followers of the early guns liken it to a love affair...



    DDG
    I fix the radar you'all try to stay under...

  6. #25
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    KBAR04's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2005
    Location : University
    Age : 60
    Posts : 1,028
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Those are the prices I've observed for 65/66 dated 41s over the last few years, although they are steadily climbing. They look very similar to the casual eye. About the cheapest Ive seen a G3 sell for is around 20K and that has been some years now.
    Retired 0-4
    USSOCCENT
    CJSOTF-S
    TFKBAR
    Khandahar, AFG
    Liaison:Bundeswehr DSO Afghanistan 2002

  7. #26
    Senior Member

    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 151
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conelrad View Post
    Samsara, there are small detail differences amongst the early HK Santa Fe imports.

    If you're interested, there are several image databases on this site showing the various models and their differences.

    Indeed, they all have the swingdown pushpin hole, but only the earliest run actually used that location to hold a pin.

    The later runs kept the hole, but they welded a block in to preclude the use of a select-fire trigger housing.

    The followers of the early guns liken it to a love affair...



    DDG
    I really do appreciate the guidance, however there is a magnitude of difference in the "small details" to which you refer. Aside from the poor quality welded tab and relocation of the HK factory pp location, the 7/62 and 11/62 imports were sloppily gunsmithed. Some of the gunsmithing, like the cut through on the bolt carrier later became the standard for all later HK semi offerings. The sloppy part came in the form of the cutting, removing/rearranging FCP geometry, then re-welding and grinding it all back together. The installation of a spring disconnector in a button housing on the lower frame is IMO, a joke. Anyone knowledgeable who has ever closely examined a 7/62 or 11/62 "import" would easily question whether HK Germany would have ever sent junk like that out at all? If you'd ever fired one, and I am one of the few people who has, I'd put on some protective equipment before doing so. Still July and November '62 offerings are a uniquely rare pieces of firearm history. They just aren't, or are ever going to be in the league of March imports, which is why those command such a premium.

  8. #27
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Conelrad's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Location : AZ Desert
    Posts : 854
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Hmmm...my '66 HK41 was a beautiful rifle, correctly made everywhere on it, so was my late '62 G3.

    Several fakes have been noticed for sale on GB, perhaps they were what you saw.

    YMMV.

    DG

  9. #28
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    KBAR04's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2005
    Location : University
    Age : 60
    Posts : 1,028
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    I have seen some poorly done fakes. My 3/66 41 is superbly done.

  10. #29
    Senior Member

    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 151
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Not referring to the 65/66 HK41's which were manufactured by HK. My post refers only to the 7/62 and 11/62 HK G3's imported by Golden State Arms Corp. The ones which I have seen, held and the one which I test fired were definitely not fakes.

    If the '65/66 HK 41's were as few in number as the 7/62 or 11/62 G3's, I'd much rather own one of them. I'd certainly rather fire one of them. I think the market price reflects that I am not the only one who feels that way.

    Sorry but there is just no comparing a 3/62 to either of them. The market prices reflect that too. What looks like a bargain, is bargain priced for a reason.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

german g3
,
golden state g3
,
h&k g3
,

hk g3

,
www.34k.hk
Click on a term to search for related topics.