HK Columbus, Georgia Plant Expansion - Page 17
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: HK Columbus, Georgia Plant Expansion

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

@bystok , can we please get a pic of each one of you guys and gals next to each different HK firearm being produced in that plant? I think that will surely keep this thread focused. Thanks in advance!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    @bystok , can we please get a pic of each one of you guys and gals next to each different HK firearm being produced in that plant? I think that will surely keep this thread focused. Thanks in advance!
    Start with the women.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crashmc View Post
    Did it take you 3 weeks to come up with this weak response ? Actually you're the one who is " laughable" with his lack of knowledge about rifles in general , and HK rifles in particular . With the better than average customer service that PTR and Atlantic Firearms have , I really don't see the value-add you bring to this forum .
    No, I was in a remote location in AZ where my limited internet access prevented me from accessing this forum. Time between replies can be due to many variables so one shouldn't assume things.

As to the rest of your post...it appears you are confused, as my use of the word "clone" was in relation to HK's copying the Stoner designed AR and offering it in their product line and has nothing to do with the roller-locked clones from PTR, Zenith, etc..
    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.
    Adolph Hitler

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_in_29 View Post
    As to the rest of your post...it appears you are confused, as my use of the word "clone"
    No , I'm not confused . I get what you were trying to infer . My point was that since you don't own any HK products , the only value you might possibly bring to this discussion about HK's new plant in Columbus, GA. is absolutely Nothing ......... Zilch ! You're the go to clone BOY on this forum .
    Last edited by Crashmc; 11-23-2017 at 10:07 AM.
    NRA Certified RSO

Be where your feet are

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTactical View Post
    @Steve_in_29 please tell me you're not the token veteran of the group? I advise caution as you're not the only veteran, combat veteran, combat disabled veteran, multiple combat deployment veteran, veteran who has been shot at, most decorated veteran, or veteran who has tenured with the SpecOps community. While I respect your service, be a professional...nobody enjoys the rants of a blowhard who can't get into his VA meetings so he regurgitates his DD-214 all over a forum. Discrediting the experiences of a civilian is juvenile, just as there are veterans who can make your career look like you trained dependents while wearing yoga pants at the Air Force fitness center.
    I am well aware that I am hardly Rambo and have met many who would qualify.

I only threw out my experience and pointed out his total lack there of in response to his claims that having a daddy who was a Marine somehow gave him special knowledge. Otherwise I rarely mention my service (on this or other forums) beyond the Semper Fi under my name.

Do some research on the HK416 (search YouTube) as Larry Vickers has a video that will provide you with the details you lack. Here's a clue - the AR-18 wasn't what SpecOps was looking for.
    Those details you assume I don't know and want me to look up only prove what I have been saying. The HK416 is simply a clone of the AR weapons series, albeit one made to tighter tolerances with a few minor tweaks. None of what HK did with the 416 was groundbreaking nor is it the only AR style rifle that produces sub-MOA accuracy or military grade reliability. HK states the 416's piston design was based on the one from their G36 BUT go back further and the G36 piston was derived from the one in the AR18's 1963 design. Dress it up all you want but underneath the lineage is pure AR.

My point wasn't that the HK ARs are bad weapons, hell I'm glad the Corps is buying more (hence the big reason for that new factory) I was simply making the factual observation that HK 's current rifles are indeed simply just another AR variant. And I have zero interest in owning an AR style rifle, no matter whose name is stamped on it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crashmc View Post
    No , I'm not confused . I get what you were trying to infer . My point was that since you don't own any HK products , the only value you might possibly bring to this discussion about HK's new plant in Columbus, GA. is absolutely Nothing ......... Zilch ! You're the go to clone guy on this forum .
    I might not own any BUT I did indeed use them during my time in the Marines (for more then just a few range trips with a safe queen) so I am hardly unfamiliar with HK's products. Plus my lack of ownership in no way negates the simple fact that HK's current rifle offerings are just another take on the AR and their newest pistols are not any different then the myriad of other poly guns on the market.

As to the plant, like I pointed out WAY back in this thread, the increased fielding of the IAR by the Marines and now Army requires a US based manufacturing capacity that the Georgia plant will meet.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SerpentTactical View Post
    <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->
    @<a href="https://www.hkpro.com/forum/member.php?u=53347" target="_blank">Steve_in_29</a>
    <!-- END TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention --> please tell me you're not the token veteran of the group? I advise caution as you're not the only veteran, combat veteran, combat disabled veteran, multiple combat deployment veteran, veteran who has been shot at, most decorated veteran, or veteran who has tenured with the SpecOps community. While I respect your service, be a professional...nobody enjoys the rants of a blowhard who can't get into his VA meetings so he regurgitates his DD-214 all over a forum. Discrediting the experiences of a civilian is juvenile, just as there are veterans who can make your career look like you trained dependents while wearing yoga pants at the Air Force fitness center.

Do some research on the HK416 (search YouTube) as Larry Vickers has a video that will provide you with the details you lack. Here's a clue - the AR-18 wasn't what SpecOps was looking for.
    Hey, Yoga can be a lot more dangerous than it seems. In all fairness to Stevie, I did poke at the caliber of his service. You see, if he had the character to man-up and admit that he misinterpreted what I said, rather than insult me as a means to diflect the issue, all would have been good. My whole point about him was his lack of integrity and how disappointing that is of someone who apparently has served in the USMC. And yes, my daddy the three war veteran (WWII, Korea, VN) did teach me integrity, taking responsibility, and admitting when you made a mistake. These are things Stevie didn't learn in the Marines, but I don't blame the Corps, it was obviously too big a hurdle for his parents.

I'm sure that bullet passing by his head was a terrifying experience for him. My looking down the nose of the jet coming straight at me, it's wing impaling itself in the railing I was leaning against, was child's play. I never missed the holidays sleeping in some hell of a location half way around the world. Yes, I worked behind a desk to support the fleet with missiles and carrier based aircraft, but that's no comparison to the men and women who are put in situations where they don't know if they are going home standing up or in a box.

https://youtu.be/LCmOEXVLeEk

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Plus my lack of ownership in no way negates the simple fact that HK's current rifle offerings are just another take on the AR and their newest pistols are not any different then the myriad of other poly guns on the market

So if you don't own any HK products. You think HK products are no different than any other products on the market. Why are you even on this forum. No disrespect but if I'm into American muscle cars I'm definitely not going to be spending my time on a Porsche forum.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvia View Post

Why are you even on this forum.
    I think we all know the answer to that question.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Let’s see a photo of the first US produced HK293 receiver! I have a G36C kit patiently waiting.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links