Large MP5 Order - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Large MP5 Order

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont View Post
    Please allow me to suggest that 40+ years of "no AP pistol ammo" has predisposed most Americans not to remember how easily that steel cored Czech 9mm ammo from the 70's sails through soft armor.....and that was a long time ago. I would be surprised if the Finns have overlooked this. Regular lead core copper jacket 9mm is stopped by soft armor because the projectile deforms, destroying the profile needed for penetration. Steel core not so much.

9mm ammo available on the world market that will penetrate soft armor. It just won't penetrate a titanium plate AND soft armor reliably, hence PDW cartidges which were birthed for military use, not police. The Russians have some great AP pistol velocity projectile designs that DO penetrate a plate and soft armor very easily, something like that in 9x19? Problem solved.

This is a great point.

Just cause it's not available to us here, doesn't mean it's not readily available to anyone else.

We keep believing our own press that we're the free country that has everything, but in many cases it's far from the truth.

Body armor isn't a concern. I don't even know why it was brought up.

As sales of the MP5 continue to prove... The SMG is still very relevant, and the MP5 just like the Kalashnikov and the AR isn't going away for a very, very long time.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fargo007 View Post
    This is a great point.

Just cause it's not available to us here, doesn't mean it's not readily available to anyone else.

We keep believing our own press that we're the free country that has everything, but in many cases it's far from the truth.

As sales of the MP5 continue to prove... The SMG is still very relevant, and the MP5 just like the Kalashnikov and the AR isn't going away for a very, very long time.
    LAV once said the MP5 is the best platform around for strictly room clearing, due to its size and controllability. However, once you take into account fighting to the target, or long distance shots outdoors, that is intermediatecaliber platforms outshine the old gal.

As for the body armor issue brought up earlier' I'm not going to discount that issue, but I will say in almost 25 years as a cop, I can count on 2 or 3 fingers the number of times I or my coworkers have taken legit/true ballistic armor from bad guys. Lots of carriers or load bearing vests, which many bad guys think is ballistic armor, but very little true armor. Again, not discounting it, and certainly not saying it is a complete non issue, just not as big an issue as TV and people with an agenda might like us to think.

Body armor isn't a concern. I don't even know why it was brought up.
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs
    SP5K

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

It really is a non-issue when you are talking about widespread issue of arms to a law enforcement agency.

If it was an issue, we wouldn't all have 9mm handguns at all.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Great news for HK!

As for the concern over 9MM terminal ballistics go ahead and look at most MP5 qualifications for LEO and Mil. I dont care how "bad" the round is 10-15 9MMs center of mass is game over for BG. You could be hitting them with 22s and get the job done with a subgun. Most the guys who run them can put 30 center of mass as fast as the gun will spit them out.

As the LEOs have already commented the armor deal is overblown by a long ways.
    So many HKs so little time.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

alright. long live the mp5

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links