Do you believe your HK's have increased in value? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe your HK's have increased in value?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I look at them in terms of holding value. They are part of a collection used for shooting, they have a lifespan that will undoubtedly outlive myself, my son and any future offspring in the years to come. Between politics, technology, demand, and whatever else presents itself between now and whenever, they may actually be pieces of gold in hindsight but I'm not waiting to see the numbers. lol

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    If you have owned it more than a few years, I am going to go out on a limb and guess that 993 is worth more than than when you bought it
    Yes the 993s are ridiculous now. My old 77 911 and 68 912 are unobtainable these days..
    Retired 0-4
    USSOCCENT
    CJSOTF-S
    TFKBAR
    Khandahar, AFG
    Liaison:Bundeswehr DSO Afghanistan 2002

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't believe any of mine increased in value as the models I own are still currently in production. However, I wish to own a few old and discontinued models but they are prices I am not willing to pay for.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by airforce1 View Post
    A few years ago, I had a fever and I needed more HK cowbell as a prescription.

I've sold most of my pistols for cash flow and only kept a few desirable pistols. I haven't seen recent valuations on the pistols but I've made some good money on my sear.

The funds from my sold pistols have been placed into a low cost index and other investment products that has made a healthy increase YTD with above average returns for the past 3 yrs.
    @airforce1 Thank you for the EPIC Walken quote and corresponding belly laugh! I have read the comments here with great interest. I'm but a neophyte in the world of HK and "lucked" into my first MARK 23 in 2014. I walked into my LGS for a new edc holster and saw the proverbial 'glow' from the glass case in the showroom. There she was, the unicorn I'd lusted after since I was rookie cop in the 90's. Sitting in the camo case, with the KAC can attached and just a slight bit of wear on the hood and barrel tip from being racked in the showroom. I bought the kit on the spot for $3K. But wait.....there's more.

What I DIDN'T know was that Lawman's Shooters supply was a courtesy storefront maintained by the Original location of KNIGHT'S ARMAMENT in Vero Beach, Florida. I had bought a KG, s/n 23-2979 (since learned that the civilian run started at 2087 as M ark 23, then went to M ARK23 around 2500 or so). BUT-T-T, the piece-de-resistance' is that it has a MATCHING SERIAL NUMBERED KAC CAN !!! Like many comments expressed here, guns are meant to be shot. So I did. I shot competition for many years, all different games and NEVER owned a 'collectible'.

So now I've made a nuisance of myself at the shop, gotten to know the guys in the showroom, even had steak and beer and UFC nights with 2 of 'em. Around March of 2016 my new friend drops this sentence in casual conversation, " Hey Mike, you know we have 2 more of those MARK 23 kits in the safe at work....." Well AIRFORCE1, I about p.t.f.o. So, I am now in the unique position of owning THREE 1996, MARK 23's......WITH matching serial numbered Knight's cans AND...........(wait for it)

....they're all SEQUENTIAL KG 23-2977,2978,2979.

As I said, 2979 is my shooter and I love to pour water right down the muzzle of the attached can at slide-lock, then load and impress my buddies with the quietness of a wet fart. The other two are going to be Safe Queens until their 30th birthday in 2026 when i'll see what they fetch in private sale or auction!!!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I don't think that the more modern mass produced polymer guns are ever going to go up in value. That having been said, I think the HK brand guns retain their value better than most.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I didn't buy my HKs as investments, but because I wanted them for myself. All of them are worth significantly more than I paid for them. How do I know? Well, because I'm not currently interested in selling any of them, their value is not what someone would be willing to pay me. Their value is what someone would have to pay me to get me to change my mind about not selling. And in every case that price would be enormously more than what I paid.

Now, if I am forced to sell them someday, that "value" may drop significantly.
    If "Dirty Harry" had been made in 1996:
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fire twelve shots or only eleven?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a HK MARK 23, the only offensive handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KBAR04 View Post
    Yes the 993s are ridiculous now. My old 77 911 and 68 912 are unobtainable these days..
    My 930 jump a lot this year.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rickys2 View Post
    My 930 jump a lot this year.
    They all will. My 1977 911 is worth about 4 times what I have in it now. Air cooled Porsches have gone nuts. I keep that in the garage and drive my 996. But I buy and drive these cars because I like them, I dont care what others think. The same is true on HK weapons. But..the classics are in limited supply and will generally appreciate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KBAR04 View Post
    They all will. My 1977 911 is worth about 4 times what I have in it now. Air cooled Porsches have gone nuts. I keep that in the garage and drive my 996. But I buy and drive these cars because I like them, I dont care what others think. The same is true on HK weapons. But..the classics are in limited supply and will generally appreciate.
    That's funny because I have a HK 911 :)

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wallew View Post
    That's a great caveat.

Gotta be 'old, out of production' - like 9X rifles or the P7 line up. THOSE have increased in value.

Just picked up older USP 40 (LEO trade-ins) and I don't expect it to rise in value any time soon. Nor will my SP5k rise in value any time soon.

So, depending on YOUR age, you should be aware that most of the current stuff needs to age at least twenty - thirty years before they may be worth more? So if you are my age, you ain't gonna gain anything on those. But my earlier purchases have.

Thanks folks. Those are great insights.
    Firearms--generally speaking--are not an investment.
    Sparkplugs are irrelevant.
    Plenty of HK's and clones.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links