Do you believe your HK's have increased in value? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe your HK's have increased in value?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by THRLSEKR View Post
    @airforce1 Thank you for the EPIC Walken quote and corresponding belly laugh! I have read the comments here with great interest. I'm but a neophyte in the world of HK and "lucked" into my first MARK 23 in 2014. I walked into my LGS for a new edc holster and saw the proverbial 'glow' from the glass case in the showroom. There she was, the unicorn I'd lusted after since I was rookie cop in the 90's. Sitting in the camo case, with the KAC can attached and just a slight bit of wear on the hood and barrel tip from being racked in the showroom. I bought the kit on the spot for $3K. But wait.....there's more.

What I DIDN'T know was that Lawman's Shooters supply was a courtesy storefront maintained by the Original location of KNIGHT'S ARMAMENT in Vero Beach, Florida. I had bought a KG, s/n 23-2979 (since learned that the civilian run started at 2087 as M ark 23, then went to M ARK23 around 2500 or so). BUT-T-T, the piece-de-resistance' is that it has a MATCHING SERIAL NUMBERED KAC CAN !!! Like many comments expressed here, guns are meant to be shot. So I did. I shot competition for many years, all different games and NEVER owned a 'collectible'.

So now I've made a nuisance of myself at the shop, gotten to know the guys in the showroom, even had steak and beer and UFC nights with 2 of 'em. Around March of 2016 my new friend drops this sentence in casual conversation, " Hey Mike, you know we have 2 more of those MARK 23 kits in the safe at work....." Well AIRFORCE1, I about p.t.f.o. So, I am now in the unique position of owning THREE 1996, MARK 23's......WITH matching serial numbered Knight's cans AND...........(wait for it)

....they're all SEQUENTIAL KG 23-2977,2978,2979.

As I said, 2979 is my shooter and I love to pour water right down the muzzle of the attached can at slide-lock, then load and impress my buddies with the quietness of a wet fart. The other two are going to be Safe Queens until their 30th birthday in 2026 when i'll see what they fetch in private sale or auction!!!
    Great finds! I'm not particularly a Mk23 guy but the fact it has some history with KAC will certainly help with value.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have a few that I think I could make money on if I sold. One was a lucky find (USP45 Tan 2004) and I got a good deal at the time. At first I didn't want it because it was not black. Now I love it, and it is probably my favorite gun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My HK's have had great return.
    6ish year ago I bought a USP 45 police trade in for $500 out the door. I never had a single repair, shot the piss out of the thing (10k+ rounds) and sold it last week for $800 with 100 rounds of FMJ ammo.
    5ish years ago I bought a USP 9 so lightly used I couldn't actually tell if it had been used for $550 out the door. Again, not a single repair, shot the hell out of it (15k+ rounds) and sold it last week for $600 with only one mag.
    I did get really lucky awhile back and bought a USP9c for $450 from a friend, had it for like 6 months, decided I don't like compacts and sold it for $650.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Bought a NIB MR556A1 in 14' with rail for $2700, sold it in Jan for $3500. Bought an SP5K for $2125 last year , sold it for $2750 2 weeks ago. Net gain: $1450.

HKs tend to be money-makers if the lower quantity models are bought (ie. NOT VP series)...but I'd be a liar if I said I don't regret selling the SP5K. I am definitely buying another.

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

THRLSKER,

AGG and I have a similar 'sickness' about sequentially numbered firearms.

EARLY Mark 23's, sequentially numbered? THREE OF THEM? With matching numbered KAC cans? Holy Moly! Excellent score. Color me green.

I sold a pair of USP Tactical 45's (sequentially numbered) back in the early 2000's. Long story. But I've owned several sets of sequentially numbered firearms since. I can't seem to hold onto them though, as once I tell someone, I get ridiculous offers. So I sell them.

If I ever can find any HK firearms that I like sequentially numbered, I suspect it will cost me a bundle. And I won't let go of them. My wife has specific instructions on what to sell to which of my friends.

And your plan is an excellent one. Though if I were you, I would consider selling all three at the same time. Yes, you will have shot one of them, but that would just give the new owner a 'shooter' while maintaining the other two as queens (as it were).

And I'd be willing to wager you will get WAY more than you might think, all things being equal.
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diesel1959 View Post
    Firearms--generally speaking--are not an investment.
    Unless you acquire the right ones, at the right price, and in the right condition!!!

Tony

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wallew View Post
    THRLSKER,

AGG and I have a similar 'sickness' about sequentially-numbered firearms.
    And I do not limit myself to HK!!!

Tony

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Tony,

I used to ALSO collect OTHER brands. But as I approach 65 I decided to start collecting ONLY HK. SOLD most of my firearms that are not HK. Strangely enough I have several S&W Model 19's that the wife loves, so she will no doubt keep those.

I just decided that concentrating on one brand means once I'm gone, my wife will get all sorts of $$ by contacting one of my gun collector friends.

Who knows for whom the bell tolls next?
    Last edited by wallew; 10-14-2017 at 01:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Unless you acquire the right ones, at the right price, and in the right condition!!!

Tony
    Winner Winner.
    Any gun can be a good investment if you know the market and stick by those rules. A potential fourth rule would be at the right time.
    Last edited by SkinnyThighGuy; 10-14-2017 at 08:23 PM.

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wallew View Post
    THRLSKER,

AGG and I have a similar 'sickness' about sequentially numbered firearms.

EARLY Mark 23's, sequentially numbered? THREE OF THEM? With matching numbered KAC cans? Holy Moly! Excellent score. Color me green.

I sold a pair of USP Tactical 45's (sequentially numbered) back in the early 2000's. Long story. But I've owned several sets of sequentially numbered firearms since. I can't seem to hold onto them though, as once I tell someone, I get ridiculous offers. So I sell them.

If I ever can find any HK firearms that I like sequentially numbered, I suspect it will cost me a bundle. And I won't let go of them. My wife has specific instructions on what to sell to which of my friends.

And your plan is an excellent one. Though if I were you, I would consider selling all three at the same time. Yes, you will have shot one of them, but that would just give the new owner a 'shooter' while maintaining the other two as queens (as it were).

And I'd be willing to wager you will get WAY more than you might think, all things being equal.
    @wallew , Ironically.....I never even thought of that. I was half-thinking the first one was "shot" and by its 30th bday, will be more 'broken in' than a Times Square hooker. The other half ??? I guess I never really thought about NOT keeping it ! I lusted after it since I was a rookie cop and saw it in the display case with the threaded barrel. Being NYC, you couldn't even BUY a can. I just turned 200K miles on my '05 Suburban and am the type who 'buys to keep and own'. 23's #2&3 are my very first exception to that rule simply because for once, I was in the right place/time and actually recognized their Unicorn Worth. I'd never considered actually offering the 'curb appeal' of including the 3rd, so a bidder/buyer would ALSO enjoy one to shoot and two NIB, unfired, matching kits each with new L.B.T. holsters and numerous rail adapters.

I expect to easily double my investment in 2026 and they were $3+ each kit, but as you stated....I would have to get STUPID MONEY (maybe $20K) to part with all 3!

Thanks for the comments!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links