Adam Webber gets 4 years in prison - Page 3
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 166
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Adam Webber gets 4 years in prison

  1. #21
    Member

    Join Date : Nov 2014
    Posts : 51
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diesel1959 View Post
    He paid restitution of nearly 1.8 million dollars—the back taxes, essentially.

    Also, important mote—he no longer owns HK Parts.
    I didn’t know that. Who owns HKparts.net now??

  2. #22
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Beowulf's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Location : Indianapolis, IN
    Posts : 834
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K5GHOST View Post
    Living here in UT, its all over the news. Here's another source for those interested.

    https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46213371&ni...uns-sales-case
    The headlines the media is using are so aggravating. They are making it sound like he made $10 million in selling arms to terrorists... not that he was selling guns to ordinary folks in too great a quantity to be considered "not in the business". Plus, they are merging in the gross sales from HKParts into the $10 million total, so they are blowing it way out proportion.

    Really, it should say: "Local man convicted in tax fraud scheme to under report earnings on $10 million dollar business". That's the story, not some guy gun running. They clearly have Adam Webber confused with our own ATF, who actually has sold guns illegal to criminals (resulting in the deaths of hundreds of people, including American citizens).

  3. #23
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    SudS's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2001
    Location : Northern, VA
    Posts : 7,599
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diesel1959 View Post
    He paid restitution of nearly 1.8 million dollars–the back taxes, essentially.

    Also, important mote–he no longer owns HK Parts.
    More $ than I read in the plea deal agreement, must not have read it correctly. I have heard, very recently Adam was still active at HK Parts, don’t know in what capacity.

    Add: I think the $1M was essentially a minimum and the exact amount was derived from his requirement to file amended tax returns over a set period. That’s probably why the initial amount turned into $1.8M.
    Last edited by SudS; 12-08-2017 at 04:30 PM.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    Very Senior Member
    K5GHOST's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Location : UTAH
    Posts : 320
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    The headlines the media is using are so aggravating. They are making it sound like he made $10 million in selling arms to terrorists... not that he was selling guns to ordinary folks in too great a quantity to be considered "not in the business". Plus, they are merging in the gross sales from HKParts into the $10 million total, so they are blowing it way out proportion.

    Really, it should say: "Local man convicted in tax fraud scheme to under report earnings on $10 million dollar business". That's the story, not some guy gun running. They clearly have Adam Webber confused with our own ATF, who actually has sold guns illegal to criminals (resulting in the deaths of hundreds of people, including American citizens).
    I don't disagree with you. Its totally bias. For example, here is UT private sales are legal and a Bill of Sale is only recommend (I believe). So when they said he sold guns to the ATF, I can imagine nothing was wrong about the transaction as you dont need an FFL license. Heres a link to Utah's 'Craigslist' of guns being sold. Nothing illegal about it. You post your sale, meet up in person. Most sellers will require you have a CCW permit from the state, but again, not required. All that is required is that you are not 'knowingly' sale to a felon or person not able to own a firearm.

    Ad Listings - Utah Gun Exchange

  6. #25
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    SudS's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2001
    Location : Northern, VA
    Posts : 7,599
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K5GHOST View Post
    I don't disagree with you. Its totally bias. For example, here is UT private sales are legal and a Bill of Sale is only recommend (I believe). So when they said he sold guns to the ATF, I can imagine nothing was wrong about the transaction as you dont need an FFL license. Heres a link to Utah's 'Craigslist' of guns being sold. Nothing illegal about it. You post your sale, meet up in person. Most sellers will require you have a CCW permit from the state, but again, not required. All that is required is that you are not 'knowingly' sale to a felon or person not able to own a firearm.

    Ad Listings - Utah Gun Exchange
    Unless they consider him a dealer selling the gun commercially, without a license. I’m guessing they aren’t considering what he did as a private sale, but as a commercial sale, illegally. I know one of the people they initially put on their witness list against Adam (he never had to testify). The main point of their questions to my friend was, were his purchases through HKParts done as a commercial purchase, or as part of a longstanding personal relationship with Adam (hence taxable vs. untaxable). Just my guess, don’t be hatin’.
    Last edited by SudS; 12-08-2017 at 04:38 PM.

  7. #26
    Supporting Vendor
    Robert Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date : Dec 2000
    Location : Bighorn Mountains
    Age : 42
    Posts : 691
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Having young children myself; I couldn't imagine not being there for them over the next four years. Though I have no love for Adam, and I have always believed him to be dirty, we have given many prayers for his kids.

    The below should help clear up some of the misinformation that has been intentionally spread around. This was never a case about someone selling their own private firearms.






















    Hidden Content for the best prices on HK, AK, Uzi, MG gun parts!

    NRA Life Member - NSSF Member

  8. #27
    Supporting Vendor
    Robert Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date : Dec 2000
    Location : Bighorn Mountains
    Age : 42
    Posts : 691
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    More interesting stuff that came to light from the trial....this from Todd Bailey of Special Weapons fame...confirming what many already knew about HKparts.net production parts.


  9. #28
    7n6
    7n6 is offline
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

    Join Date : Jan 2012
    Posts : 960
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    The headlines the media is using are so aggravating. They are making it sound like he made $10 million in selling arms to terrorists... not that he was selling guns to ordinary folks in too great a quantity to be considered "not in the business". Plus, they are merging in the gross sales from HKParts into the $10 million total, so they are blowing it way out proportion.

    Really, it should say: "Local man convicted in tax fraud scheme to under report earnings on $10 million dollar business". That's the story, not some guy gun running. They clearly have Adam Webber confused with our own ATF, who actually has sold guns illegal to criminals (resulting in the deaths of hundreds of people, including American citizens).

    I don't understand. I can understand the tax part but if he's just selling his personal firearms then what's the issue? I never saw guns for sale on his website- there are pictures of firearms but no actual firearms for sale.

  10. #29
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Superstar's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Location : The great state of Texas
    Posts : 737
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    I don't understand. I can understand the tax part but if he's just selling his personal firearms then what's the issue? I never saw guns for sale on his website- there are pictures of firearms but no actual firearms for sale.
    Check out post #26, the document where Robert posted there is screenshot of his website where an MP5 pistol is listed for $2500

  11. #30
    The Librarian
    Oicani's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2013
    Location : PA
    Posts : 5,150
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

    Default

    Todd R. Bailey as a character reference..... now I’ve read it all!
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

adam webber negative

Click on a term to search for related topics.