Adam Webber gets 4 years in prison - Page 9
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Adam Webber gets 4 years in prison

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Jesus having nothing to do with this is the problem. And before you or any other devotee thinks I'm a "hater", from a personal perspective, I have found Adam to be engaging and thoughtful. I have sat down at the same table and shared a meal with him. I don't wish him ill, but he has had his day of reckoning, and now he faces his atonement. I hope he emerges from this a reformed man and is able to somehow make peace with himself and his family.
    Last edited by SudS; 12-09-2017 at 02:10 PM.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    And you are completely ignoring what Adam has done to hurt our hobby. He illegally dealt guns, even after having screwed up once and signing a written settlement to never deal in guns. People selling guns illegally (whether it's back alley sales or flipping too many guns for profit) discredit the entire foundation of our hobby. It provides ammunition to the gun haters. It puts our hobby at risk. Saying that Adam was stupid or greedy isn't mud slinging or hateful, those are statements of fact....
    Exactly!
    "I'm not shitting in a bag..... Yet"
    - PSG1

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well put Suds

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Like many here have already stated, I too have worked with and been helped by Adam. This case is truly a shame and I agree with Suds that it makes law abiding firearms dealers, owners and the community look bad. Moving forward, what can we learn from all of this? Well, pretty much what we all already know: pay all of your taxes and abide by the law or suffer the consequences.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I think he got off easy 4 years is nothing it could have been a lot worse sure with good behavior he will get out early.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

And you are completely ignoring what Adam has done to hurt our hobby.
    Not trying to argue the point, but what DID Adam do to hurt our hobby ? Only time will tell . My guess , probably nothing. This is big to us because this is our world , and I get that . But unless you are in our world , which 99% of the people aren't , it doesn't matter . Will this be covered in the national news today or tomorrow ? I don't see any headlines mentioning anything about it . Adam committed more than one legal wrong . Some more than once . I'm not going to question his integrity , or lack of , as that is not for me to judge . It appears to be a bunch of bad decisions on his part . Apparently the judge , who is given the authority to impose a penalty based on whatever legal guidelines he has , made his decision based on the rule of law . Is the sentence appealable ? Adam lawyered up pretty good . I don't buy Apple products or go into a Walmart for MY reasons. I actually haven't spent that much money with HKParts . That's not , nor will be because of anything Adam did . I simply found 'em cheaper somewhere else .
    NRA Certified RSO

Be where your feet are

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crashmc View Post
    Not trying to argue the point, but what DID Adam do to hurt our hobby ? Only time will tell . My guess , probably nothing. This is big to us because this is our world , and I get that . But unless you are in our world , which 99% of the people aren't , it doesn't matter . Will this be covered in the national news today or tomorrow ? I don't see any headlines mentioning anything about it . Adam committed more than one legal wrong . Some more than once . I'm not going to question his integrity , or lack of , as that is not for me to judge . It appears to be a bunch of bad decisions on his part . Apparently the judge , who is given the authority to impose a penalty based on whatever legal guidelines he has , made his decision based on the rule of law . Is the sentence appealable ? Adam lawyered up pretty good . I don't buy Apple products or go into a Walmart for MY reasons. I actually haven't spent that much money with HKParts . That's not , nor will be because of anything Adam did . I simply found 'em cheaper somewhere else .
    The news reporting illegal gun sales over the internet or in a parking lot is not good for our hobby, regardless of the technical accuracy of the headline. I hope that statement is not in dispute.

Quote Originally Posted by K5GHOST View Post
    Living here in UT, its all over the news. Here's another source for those interested.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46213371&ni...uns-sales-case

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lakelandman View Post
    I think he got off easy 4 years is nothing it could have been a lot worse sure with good behavior he will get out early.
    Not so much with Federal time!!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

The news reporting illegal gun sales over the internet or in a parking lot is not good for our hobby, regardless of the technical accuracy of the headline. I hope that statement is not in dispute.
    Not at all.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JNAP94 View Post
    Not so much with Federal time!!
    I'm no lawyer and could be wrong but says "Bureau of Prisons, have exhibited “exemplary compliance with institutional disciplinary regulations” can get up to 54 days per year off their sentences.
    https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...al-prison.html

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links