HKPRO Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Webber gets 4 years in prison

33K views 165 replies 57 participants last post by  diesel1959 
#1 ·
U.S. District Judge Dee Benson was unmoved by a crestfallen apology from a Salt Lake County businessman on Thursday.

"I think deceit is one of his most apparent characteristics. I'm not even sure about the speech he gave me today," Benson said of the apology before sentencing 40-year-old Adam Michael Webber on one count of dealing firearms without a license and five counts of tax fraud.

"I appreciate the effort," the judge said, "but I don't believe a lot of it."

Sentenced to 4 years in prison and $100,000 fine

Utah businessman convicted of tax fraud, selling firearms without a license is sentenced to four years in federal prison - The Salt Lake Tribune

#55 ·
Screw that sentence. HK Parts is good. Best shipping in the industry and has built a great business.

From what I’ve researched, the system pulled a rail job on Adam. They went to his house and took PTR receivers and HK pistols like they were crack dealing items. That judge is probably a Libtard.
Shall Not Be Infringed. No compromises.

#69 ·
Want to get jammed up by the feds?
Get on their radar and ignore something you agreed to do and go back to your old ways on and you will get jammed.
Paying cash for a house is asking for increased scrutiny.

I have purchased parts from him in the past and I hate to see a supplier go away so hopefully he has a short stay and back to work.

#72 ·
4 years in Federal lockup means serving most all of 4 years. Time off for good behavior is very limited.

Hope his family holds up.

#73 ·
Just for reference...................John Corzine stole $1.6 billion. Was never even charged. Was Adam wrong. Appears to be. Should he pay a penalty. Yep. But my point is that there is a double standard in the legal system in US. And it has gotten worse. The well-connected have a different set of rules. The little people have another set of rules. Compare and contrast the treatment of Mr. Webber to that of the justice department who were part of Fast and Furious. And the list goes on.

#75 · (Edited)
Don't get me wrong. I feel bad for him and his family. And my thoughts and prayers go out to both as they traverse this territory moving forward. However, if you read this article...this is not his first go around with the ATF. I mean...if they knocked on my door one time, it would be one time too many. I fly straight, pay my taxes and keep my nose clean for a reason. Look at the list of firearms, and look at the deal ATF and Adam both made.

http://www.recoilweb.com/adam-webber-of-hk-parts-convicted-96831.html

#137 ·
Don't get me wrong. I feel bad for him and his family. And my thoughts and prayers go out to both as they traverse this territory moving forward. However, if you read this article...this is not his first go around with the ATF. I mean...if they knocked on my door one time, it would be one time too many. I fly straight, pay my taxes and keep my nose clean for a reason. Look at the list of firearms, and look at the deal ATF and Adam both made.

Adam Webber of HK Parts Convicted | RECOIL
Thanks for the article Brad4065. Wow, 210 HK P7s'...

#84 ·
Like many here have already stated, I too have worked with and been helped by Adam. This case is truly a shame and I agree with Suds that it makes law abiding firearms dealers, owners and the community look bad. Moving forward, what can we learn from all of this? Well, pretty much what we all already know: pay all of your taxes and abide by the law or suffer the consequences.

This post has been deleted
#93 ·
A couple years ago when Adam was indicted I knew then he was going up river, was in the business without and FFL. For a coupole years he had butt loads of firearms for sale on the site HK and Dakota tactical as well as others. That alone was gonna sink him. As for the rest, he knew what he was doing. He was fair with me on some items from the site and I have no complaints there as I spent quite a bit there.
I guess his actions while unethical and not a favorable situation for us gun owners, I am afraid it pales in comparison to the crimes of say klinton/obama/holder, etc that resulted in people's deaths yet this degenerate scum are free. Scot free.
I'm afraid if it was up to me the sentence would be more a huge fine, years of probation but no jail. He will not be able to possess firearms again, legally. Good luck bro and moreso to your family.......

#106 ·
We all make mistakes, myself included. I have read and researched in great depth through the last year
with the help of a good friend(circuit judge) the federal case presented to us all. I admit my position is
some what jaded as a result of the excellent customer service I have always received from Adam in the
past several years, but the law is the law. Our HKPro community takes firearm legislation very seriously,
and in some cases why members join. Lets all reflect this as a lesson and learn from some individuals
mistakes.

#107 ·
Adam got a raw deal in my opinion. Like others have said, just look at Sharpton.
The biggest thing for me was, according to the article listed, that the judge considered charges that had been dismissed in his sentencing.
That seems completely wrong to me.

I will add one more thing for all to consider: if the IRS and ATF went through every forum member's taxes and firearms dealings, they could find violations and bring charges against nearly everyone if they wanted to.

#110 ·
Adam got a raw deal in my opinion. Like others have said, just look at Sharpton.
The biggest thing for me was, according to the article listed, that the judge considered charges that had been dismissed in his sentencing.
That seems completely wrong to me.

I will add one more thing for all to consider: if the IRS and ATF went through every forum member's taxes and firearms dealings, they could find violations and bring charges against nearly everyone if they wanted to.
not hardly. the IRS did go through all of mine and except for that one incident with the lottery win where they were already paid taxes they found nothing. on the second part, i have NEVER sold a firearm. of course my wife wishes that i did or would for that matter. i just bought a bigger house instead.

#121 ·
Well put. I don't like either....but I pay my taxes....and I don't f&ck with the ATF either. I know the outcome of both. They are always right....even when they are wrong. Otherwise, you pony up tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands to prove they are wrong....which most of us don't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.